Sunday, May 2, 2021

How are the phases after quitting smoking? My quit smoking story.

https://images.hive.blog/p/8SzwQc8j2KJa5zNbRVVrXnjUH7HeFHWfeS6aA7zu5fPEZr4e81NmHUETBek2gQVFTMwzSd9gKXEJFWDgr5wNLaY68Cp9sNVkUqjgDYhbATj6XQTA3fU?format=match&mode=fit

sigara.jpeg

It has been exactly 1 year since I quit smoking today and I think I started life again for 1 year. How did I quit smoking? I wanted to tell about the difficulties I experienced in the first days of quitting smoking and the stages I went through in the following months.

As everyone says, this is a classic saying; be patient and believe. We must choose a very good time to be patient. A time when everything is going well. I caught such a time and decided to quit smoking. I had a lot of debt and I was psychologically in bad shape. I had a good job opportunity and closed my debts. Then I said, "Now is the time to quit smoking." I thought about my past. I have been separated from many people in my life. I had left many things behind. So why can't I quit the smoking that caught me? It was the right time to beat smoking. I smoked one last cigarette at night, shredded all the remaining cigarettes in the package and threw them into the trash.

When I woke up the next day, my eyes were looking for the cigarette pack. My body needed it. But it suddenly occurred to me. I made a promise to myself last night. Then I sat down and had my breakfast. People want to smoke more after eating. I couldn't help myself and I was eating something all the time. Five hours had passed, and my body was now struggling to resist. I said I couldn't do that and went out of the house to go to the market and buy cigarettes. Halfway through, I said "what am I doing?" It occurred to me that I made a promise to myself. I came back home. I felt stronger at that moment. I watched movies for 1 day. I thought of chewing gum so as not to eat anything more. It was night. When I lay in my bed, I had a hard time getting to sleep. The lack of smoking disturbed my sleep pattern.

When I woke up the next day, the tired feeling I felt every day was gone. I was very energetic. I had my breakfast and I thought of smoking again. :) Yes, it was not easy to quit smoking. After 7-8 hours, my desire to smoke increased. But I was not going to succumb to smoking. I was busy with something. I was delighted when I went to my bed to sleep. Because I had another day without smoking. When I woke up on the 3rd day, I was stronger now. It was as if the taste of the food I ate had changed. The taste of every meal and every drink was better. But my desire to smoke was not gone. But now I got used to it and was not having a hard time. Yes, I was saying to myself that I did it.

The first 3 days after quitting smoking are really difficult. Another phase I think is the 10th day. By saying enough is enough after the 10th day, you may think that you are tormenting yourself and you can start smoking again. That's why you have to be very patient until 1 month has passed. I forced myself not to smoke for a full month. But after 1 month, I realized that I was freed from the bondage of smoking. Then life was starting again for me. I didn't smell cigarettes around people. My teeth were cleaner. I was breathing much better. Even the smell of the air was different. I had great sleep. I had no trouble waking up in the morning. Now I started to live like healthy people. :)

I hope this article encourages you to quit smoking. Don't let smoking capture your lives. You are stronger than cigarettes.


Originally posted here: https://hive.blog/hive-148441/@fth/how-are-the-phases-after-quitting-smoking-my-quit-smoking-story

No comments:

Post a Comment