Saturday, May 22, 2021

Introduction

http://ifttt.com/images/no_image_card.png

Hello everyone,

Since i am new on hive, i thought, lets introduce myself.
And for me this feels like the best place to do this since my life mostly revolved around working on and improving my mental health.

My name is Berry and im a 36 yo male from the Netherlands, Rotterdam.

Currently i am self employed as a handyman and i sell home made food products.
Most of my adult life i have been working in kitchens in and around Rotterdam.

Now the reason i am writing my introduction here is that my life has been an emotional rollercoaster since i was about 6 years old.

My father had severe mental health problems like psychosis and manic depression, and that caused the most frightning situations in our household.
At 7 years old my mother left my father and remarried 1 year later.

The first time i saw my father after that was when i was 13 years old, but it was not the same. He had changed to a depressed, overmedicated bitter man.

That was a hard time until he died at 50 years old when i was 21.

After that i when into a downward spiral.
Drinking, cheating, gambling, drugs and so on...

And then it was enough! Indecided to start working on myself.
I went into therapie, and started building down al my bad habbits an addictions.

That has been a slow and difficult road and i am still working on myself, but am allready very proud an happy with where i am today!

So my reason for being here is wanting to inspire people to be healthy and work on themselves.
And be a listening ear for those who need to talk to someone who’s been there.
I want to let people to know they are not alone.

Thank you for reading my story!

Much love,

Berry


Originally posted here: https://hive.blog/hive-120078/@aesirmade/introduction

No comments:

Post a Comment