Thursday, May 27, 2021

Got some beans!

https://images.hive.blog/p/pBMyo3B2Sao45kGEB1kRY9cJBFGQnrPp2qChGHkgVjzu1y6XFCd4yc34G7od2HpYdfszuyrTQQE1qCRZhZHCX6sQEdWWLnNy4qw2HrGZ26DFPXZjUTS2H49n6z1LhNtbsxEmFFbQJpa15dKsjDePz5xBw1Z3X9uyMaZDvSwB8pko17RY?format=match&mode=fit

image2.jpg

Photo by me

Thank you @bifbeans

break.png

I got my package of new seeds in the mail today from the awesome guys at @bifbeans, and I was excited to see a bunch of stickers in there as well. I am going to have to order one of their shirts when I put in another order.

I ordered their Ghost Toof F2 and Quad Grape. Both of them are autos and I am pretty pumped for these strains. They have been pulling some pretty massive yields from these two strains, so it will be cool to see if I can get close to what they have been getting.


20201018_212337.jpeg

source

For the ghost toof, they said they got over a half pound from it. It is a pretty potent strain from a lot of the reviews I have been reading and is good for pain management and has a strong euphoric feeling that lasts about an hour and a half before the high transitions to a nice relaxing and peaceful high.


upload.jpg

source

The Quad Grape that they have created is pulling some crazy numbers. They claim to have harvest 29 ounces during two separate harvests. 29 ounces!?! That is insane! Almost two pounds from a single plant? That is crazy talk. If I get a few ounces, from them, I will be happy. So after a bit more research into the 29 ounces claim, they pulled it from a harvest of 4 plants. That is still extremely impressive and I can't wait to see what I get.


image0.jpg

Photo by me

So I have started germinating 5 of the Quad Grape seeds. They were awesome and threw in a few extra seeds with each pack, so I even have a couple left over for another grow.

I have been having problems with the seeds I was getting from Growers Choice Seeds. None of the seeds I recently got from them have germinated. I also had issues with a lot of the seeds I got from them before, with only a couple germinating. Like my Northern Lights that only had one seed out of five germinate.

So I was talking to @jonyoudyer about how he germinates and he said that he soaks them in water for 24-48 hours and then plants them. If they haven't cracked open in two days, he moves them to the paper towel method. I have just been using the paper towel method from the start, but I have heard good results from people using this method that he said.

So fingers crossed that it works because I am getting sick of not being able to use all of the seeds that I have been buying, cause at like $10 a seed, it can get expensive to have them not work out. Luckily Bif Beans accepts crypto so I haven't had to use any "real" money to buy them and it has mainly been my earnings here that have funded pretty much all of my growing that I have been doing.


image1.jpg

Photo by me

Overall, the plants that I have flowering right now are doing awesome. The lady in the front will most likely be ready to move to the dark tent in the next week and the others won't be far behind. Hopefully by then all of the quad grapes have sprouted and will be ready to move into the main tent.


source

I am excited to use my new air pots as well. These should make a big difference in the plants overall health by helping to deliver oxygen to the root system. I also have a few other things I have ordered from Bif that I am looking forward to using.

I realized that I may have been using too much nutrients when watering, so I am going to be cutting back on how often I put nutrients into the water. I was giving my plants nutrients about every other watering, and since they have been flowering, I have needed to water them pretty much daily. These ladies are thirsty and drink about 3/4 a liter a day now. I guess that is what I have to put up with living in a desert. But at least the plants are healthy.

Anyways, that is enough for this post. Hopefully in a couple days I have some little seedlings to show before I put them in their tiny pots. Then after about a week or so of them sprouting, I will move them into the bigger pots for their final home. I downloaded an app called Grow with Jane and I am going to be hopefully keeping a better track of everything with my future grows, so I will know exactly how old my plants are. One thing I have learned is that it is better to take lots of notes while growing.


Originally posted here: https://hive.blog/hive-195708/@derangedvisions/got-some-beans

No comments:

Post a Comment