Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Pregabalin Treatment for Pacients with Fibromyalgia

https://images.hive.blog/p/vM1pGHgNcyCYtJxeCcWcCEPLjoobm14dEQ7AZPYmPzy3v1z8KLnNLrU7VukA7ybkxuPLJJ9kBkTexMB2g3WzyYXuEu7muuWeA9KWwPb87pkcYRuauFcK89cx4tNxct2Ehb6T7LG?format=match&mode=fit

✨✨Hello Hello✨✨

I've been away from the community for quite some time, and for good reasons. It has nothing to do with the community; as a newbie I was just exploring other communities and not just that, I haven't been able to be as active as I should be nor here nor there.

The other reason is that my Fibromyalgia has been acting up as I incorporate more and more to my duties at work and the pain is awful, just awful.
You may wonder what do I take when I have a flare up, and the answer is Nothing.
When I was diagnosed my treatment consisted in Lyrica among other things. The result: not good.

Fibro

Source

Lyrica or by it's main compound, Pregabalin, is a drug wich is used for neuroathinc pain and as a anticonvulsant drug.

Pregabalin is in a class of medications called anticonvulsants. It works by decreasing the number of pain signals that are sent out by damaged nerves in the body.Source

A certain amount of studies had been made in other to determine if in fact Pregabalin is good for Fibromyalgia pain. They have shown that a great number of subjets have responded well to the medicine taking it but a large number also have manifested that they have to many side effects or that they don't feel any improvment. Source

Side Effects
Source

In my case, it was hell on earth. You see, Lyrica has many side effects that include tiredness wich is already a symptom of the disease, speech problems, difficulty remembering or forgetfulness wich is another symptom of fibro, difficulty breathing, confusion or extreme sleepiness. In fact, there are some that even warn people because it can cause thoughts of suicide or dying Source

I couldn't get out of my apartment alone because I fainted a lot, I threw up all the time, at first I lost too much weight then gain it back but twice the amount I had lost, and the pain never pulled back. I dropped after a 4 months and years later it was prescribed to me again, and it did nothing with the pain. I also took Cymbalta and Tramadol and they where more helpfull but not good enough, besides, they where taking me to bankruptcy, I'll talk about them in another time.

Should you take pregabalin or not?

That depends on everyone who has this condition and it depends on how well you feel taking it. I dropped it because it didn't help me at all and the bad was really bad so I didn't see any benefit from taking a pill that wasn't working for me in particular. I am not a doctor or scientist to assure anyone if this drug is good or bad, but I give anyone reading this one piece of advice: pay close attention to your body and your feelings when starting treatment for any disease, syndrome, or whatever. . Keep a journal and write everything down, and at the first sign of trouble, call someone and rush to seek medical attention.

Fibro
Source

That's it for today folks, stay safe, stay healthy, stay happy. Ask for help if you need it for it is always out there.

✨✨Blessings for all✨✨

_rebeysa85.gif

Ladies of Hive

Thank's to the @ladiesofhive for the banner.


Originally posted here: https://hive.blog/hive-120078/@rebeysa85/pregabalin-treatment-for-pacients-with

No comments:

Post a Comment