Tuesday, April 7, 2020

New Telephone and Car Crashes

https://files.peakd.com/file/peakd-hive/jluvs2fly/4qVQVn1P-EF4A6929-475A-4331-8B9F-1409362CEB5E.jpeg
I had a long day today that didn’t turn out the way that I expected. The battery on my IPhone 7 Plus needed to be replaced but we are sheltering in place. I had been keeping my phone plugged up 24/7 in order to use it. If I went into the kitchen, I had to plug it up in the kitchen to use it. It finally crashed but came back up at 60% capacity so I tried to get a new battery without sending my telephone in for service. I finally found someone who would replace the battery but it was going to cost me twice the amount of a new battery and it was going to take the sales person two hours to do it.

EF4A6929475A43318B9F1409362CEB5E.jpeg

I decided to go ahead and upgrade my phone to the iPhone 11 since I could pick it up curbside from a local store. The store was located about 34 minutes away from my house and I left to go get it right about 2 hours after breakfast. I started to eat before I left but I had leftovers from yesterday so I thought that I could wait until I got home. The problem came when I was about 15 minutes away from home on an expressway. There was an accident about a half a mile ahead of me and a car was burning. I got stuck on the expressway for about 30 to 40 minutes wow the emergency response workers came and put the car out and cleared the road. I finally made it to the store to pick up my new telephone and I thought that they were going to bring it to my car. They did not and I had to go inside the store. I don’t even know why they called it curbside pick up. I was prepared though with my homemade mask and gloves on when I walked into the store. The young man inside the store was not wearing any type of protective gear. It made me feel sad because I know that there are people who don’t have symptoms but who are carriers of the virus. I picked up my phone, left and drove back home without much traffic. I also found out that the store disabled my old phone when he gave me the new telephone. I was glad that I had paid attention to where I was going because I no longer had access to my GPS. I made one more stop since I was already out and I had not been out of my house in over a week or more. I stopped by a small store and picked up a few items. I ate my leftovers when I got home put away my groceries and other items, and sat back to relax for a while. The news has been highlighting all day the disproportionate amount of black people who are dying from the coronavirus in the United States. The young man who waited on me at the store was black and he was not wearing any type of protection. I sure do hope that he remains healthy. People who work in the service industry should be protected. Enjoy your day.

D5039D719C0242CE8495624A33973B4D.jpeg


Originally posted here: https://hive.blog/blog/@jluvs2fly/new-telephone-and-car-crashes

No comments:

Post a Comment