Monday, April 20, 2020

System Post

https://img.esteem.app/vp3w7i.jpg
Hey fellows, this is me. I'm reporting to you my plans for the future. It was planned to report the future. ## Hello. Let me introduce myself. I'm in my mid 20's, born in Europe, blonde and I speak 3 languages. I am knowledgable in the areas of IT and Finances, I have the life-long plan of being healthy and fit to endure more years alive. I like to think that I can sell. I like order and chaos and I find myself sometimes thinking about life and planning for the future. I like to cook (plus recently started to walk the walk of vegetarianism) and currently I am a student-worker, studying a bachelor in Finances and working as a Tech Salesman. My mission is to play a major role in solving humanity's problem of lack of food, water and breathable air on this planet. The problem exists and will strike hard soon, a solution will be demanded. I will further explain to you more about my views for the solution, but that is not the object of this writing. The objective of this post is to create one more system in my life. But what is a system? ## A system A system is something I call "personal life operative system". It is something I have learned from dealing with multiple systems, both technological and social. >A **system** is a composed set of routines that are created and placed running to take care of your mundane human life and the tasks that support your quality of life and work. This has been thought to provide more headspace and automate this kind of task. To keep us sane. Whenever you detect a task to be automated, you create a system to it. This is accomplished by raising awareness during your day to what you are doing to support your quality of life and work.

vp3w7i.jpg

Let me explain further with a real-life example to you: I arrive home from work, I see a lot of dirty laundry hanging around the corner of my bedroom. I feel tired of doing laundry since I just did it 2 days ago. Triggered, I think about this situation. **Problem detected:** "I have laundry to do since I am a human and I wear multiple pieces of clothing. Damn, that's a fact". "If I have dirty laundry, I need to take care of it. I have ***to clean it***." I just stated an unavoidable truth, I pointed to a repetitive task that supports my quality of life (to wear cleaned clothing). Does that call for a system? If not systemized, I will indefinitely continue to have a pile of laundry in my corner. To create a system you get a paper and a pen and write the first action you would otherwise do to solve that. **First action to start:** To place it to the washing machine One task does not look like a system at all, so we have to continue the process mentally that we would do, and what is required to do next. And next. You follow this waterfall of needs until you find that you solved the system, down to the solution. Here's how the example from above follows: **Waterfall thinking:** To wash it, I need to hang it to dry To hang it to dry, I need to pick it up and fold, To pick it up and fold, I need to store it, To store it, it means it **is clean**. After you detect a problem, you think how you would normally solve it, what would be the first action to solve it. Then, just state what you would need to do next until completion. You can consider the problem solved at any moment, you can define the tasks to completion yourself and change it according to your needs. Notice that I don't iron my clothes (some I do). You may want iron yours. Defining it can be tricky. You have to carefully examine and set it according to the first action start, the starting point of the routine and the core problem to solve. This is an example of banal laundry. In our lives, we have multiple inherited problems and challenges that can benefit from a system: Let it be cleaning the house, shopping, take care of personal finances, studying some loved field, give maintenance to your car, taking care of your body, firing up your relationship, anything can benefit from having a positive automated set of routines to deal with it. ## Why is this Post a system? Well, I have a big challenge ahead. I want to accomplish 3 big goals and they won't wait for me. I have the immediate goal and need to learn more about finances, technology and human nature. But currently part-time working and full-time studying, I need to follow a routine to be productive and maintain a constant disciplined pace, constant learning and constant action to improve myself and others. I have constructed routines for studying and pursue my immediate goals, but there is a system that stands alone unsolved: The routine of developing and maintaining routines. So I planned to start to post as a system: *A system for my systems. A system where I get feedback from/for my system and develop them.* Writing about my life's journey, systems and beliefs is my way of having a constant action to improve myself, be accountable and try to develop my systems. It solves my problem of engineering thought my systems alone. The "*first action to start*" is to write this article, but to write it, I need to... ________________ *Thank you fellow human for the read. I am going to write about personal life development and share my thoughts on the world, especially in my field of knowledge. I would love to invite you to follow me and participate with feedback and your opinion, that is valuable and I will appreciate all the feedback possible.*
Originally posted here: https://hive.blog/ocd/@irx773/system-post

No comments:

Post a Comment