Saturday, April 10, 2021

I did the dumbest thing ever

https://media.tenor.com/images/cbce8bf84b267cfbe7bebebb6aa5aaf7/tenor.gif
You know how when there's food and you're not really hungry but you just want to eat? The food calls you and you find yourself eating for no reason. Yes, you're guilty. Two days ago I did this, there was some cucumber and cashew nuts (awesome combo by the way) and I kept eating that not minding that I was full from eating actual food. Sometime in the afternoon I was eating my third cucumber halfway in only to find maggots in it. I ate maggots. There were a lot of them in the remaining half so I know I did eat them. Remember I said this was my third cucumber?

untitled.gif

Yep! I had a colony, a wriggling or a parliament of maggots or whatever they're called all in my mouth right down to my gut. In my defense, it wasn't overly soft or leaking moisture. It had a streak of yellow that I thought was just a sign of it being overripe (but still edible). I had stomach upset a few times up until yesterday and I hope that's all. My stomach feels okay right now and the stomach acids are probably done killing every trace of maggots. I was scared of a bacterial infection and now that I think of it, I should get some drugs to be on the safe side. I already did the dumb thing of eating maggots, I don't want to be dumber and not take precaution. I've been googling about the dangers of ingesting maggots and trust Google to say I'm going to die. I don't want to die now, especially not from eating spoilt, maggot infested food. That's not a good look on my person. I'm on a healthy eating diet, trying to include fresh fruits and all that and obviously, I'm messing that up. I think the cucumbers did that one bad egg in a crate thing where the other eggs also go bad. The leakage from one bad cucumber messed up everything in the tray in just a couple of hours. If you want to eat fresh fruits, do ensure to check properly if they're okay to eat. Salmonella is not a nice girl. In summary, do not eat cucumbers whole, cut to see what it looks like inside. If it has the slightest odd colour it belongs in the trash.

images.jpeg

[Source](https://www.tipsbulletin.com/how-to-tell-if-a-cucumber-is-bad/) **Have you eaten spoilt food or fruits before? What was your experience?**
Originally posted here: https://hive.blog/hive-196233/@wolfofnostreet/i-did-the-dumbest-thing-ever

No comments:

Post a Comment