Saturday, April 3, 2021

Holding Onto Your Trauma is What is Keeping You Sick!

https://files.peakd.com/file/peakd-hive/samrisso/23u69gfHtHvEr9LqwKAN4b1wL3dktkYKBGZrszW6gnXBK8g67JUiCLYG5QWtBxhNnMXxg.jpg

IMG-1421.jpg

Often times the ones making the jokes and laughing are the ones who are hurting the most. ⁠⠀ ⁠⠀ This much is true for me and so many other people that I know.⁠⠀ ⁠⠀ We Are Talking About Trauma!⁠⠀

IMG-1423.jpg

⁠⠀ Trauma is an emotional response to a terrible event like an accident, rape, incarceration, natural disaster, and etc.⁠⠀ ⁠⠀ Some reactions to trauma include unpredictable emotions, flashbacks, strained relationships and even physical symptoms like headaches or nausea.⁠⠀ ⁠⠀ It's important for us to deal with our trauma properly. ⁠⠀ ⁠⠀ We need to work on the painful memories we have and the perception of them along with the shame and guilt we feel.⁠⠀ ⁠⠀ However we cannot start working on our trauma until we acknowledge where and what it stems from. ⁠⠀ ⁠⠀ It is of the utmost importance to get honest with yourself and another trusted person. ⁠⠀ ⁠⠀ I didn't deal with my trauma for years. I did what any other drug dealing Junkie Prisoner would do...⁠⠀ ⁠⠀ I buried it deep down inside and pretended it did not exist!⁠⠀ ⁠⠀ It seemed to work for a while, but the issue with ignoring our problems is that they often grow larger.⁠⠀ ⁠⠀ I did not find serenity or sobriety until I got real with another man about the trauma I endured as a child. ⁠⠀ ⁠⠀ I was embarrassed to admit, as a man that I was molested when I was younger.⁠⠀ ⁠⠀ It was because of this trauma that I would always try to act tough and get into fights.⁠⠀ ⁠⠀ But, this just led to more trauma. It led to me hurting people and getting severely hurt myself.⁠⠀ ⁠⠀ The trauma just kept building up and adding more trauma to my life. You can see so, in one of the photos that I'm pretty fucked up. 🤜👱‍♂️🩸⁠⠀ ⁠⠀ It wasn't until I started dealing with the biggest traumatic experience that I was able to stop adding to my problems. ⁠⠀ ⁠⠀ What are some healthy or unhealthy ways you manage and deal with your traumas?

IMG-1422.jpg

##
▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂
Please visit my Instagram or my TikTok

Originally posted here: https://hive.blog/trauma/@samrisso/holding-onto-your-trauma-is-what-is-keeping-you-sick

No comments:

Post a Comment