Sunday, May 16, 2021

Delicious Chickpea Salad

https://images.hive.blog/p/8SzwQc8j2KJa5zNbRVVrXnjUH7HeFHWfeS6aA7zyt18DtuaPYQxCpoRU2mT1JgxTZAUFDr37j1cr1MV4MbRQnHevrx8nXd3NgzcFWW1wro4TRLKo9K4?format=match&mode=fit

I made this chickpea salad yesterday and it turned out so good! I added some soft goat cheese to the salad I made for today’s post. Goat cheese is really hard to resist for me, but if you are vegan, the salad can be made without the goat cheese. Instead you could sprinkle some walnuts on top for some healthy fats and a fuller stomach. I leave it up to you, I just hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

salad-2.jpg

Warm Chickpea Salad

Salad Ingredients

  • 100 grams of mixed salad greens

  • 50 grams of soft goat cheese

  • 1 cup of chickpeas, cooked

  • 1/2 cup of grapes

  • 1 apple

salad-3.jpg

Dressing Ingredients

  • 1 teaspoon of olive oil

  • 1 teaspoon of honey

  • 1 teaspoon of mustard (I used a fine mustard)

  • 1/2 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar

  • a pinch of salt

salad-4.jpg

  1. I used canned chickpeas so I drained and rinsed them very well before using them.

  2. Core and cut the apple into thin slices.

  3. Line a baking tray with baking paper and put the chickpeas, the apple slices and the grapes on the tray.

  4. Bake these ingredients in the oven for 20 minutes at 390 degrees Fahrenheit/200 degrees Celsius. If you prefer the ingredients more roasted, then add another 10 minutes to oven time.

  5. Meanwhile whisk up a dressing from all the dressing ingredients.

  6. Spread out the salad greens on two plates.

  7. When baked ingredients are ready, spread them over the salad greens. I began with the chickpeas, then the apple slices followed by the grapes.

  8. Top it all with the crumbled goat cheese.

  9. Drizzle the dressing over both salad plates.

salad-5.jpg

This salad is nice as a lunch accompanied by some bread, a big fruit smoothie or a soup.

Enjoy!

salad-9.jpg


Originally posted here: https://hive.blog/hive-120586/@zaraell/delicious-chickpea-salad

No comments:

Post a Comment