Tuesday, August 3, 2021

It's NOT losing weight, it's gaining CONFIDENCE!

https://images.hive.blog/p/YpihifdXP4WPqSRVu5Tje9dqUHViMxaJV7yMKpdBxVdkyaQxWakbd1tfLWBHXKCRTqfcqz7NEn54YDjuvHC9N4YwsVLhnvkRpsqfS2sc2dGXPbkUARxZr4VcFDcE7axGUKhntswrzS6EfgAU1TJvU1d6FkrmaQQJL4z6vZtoS67p?format=match&mode=fit

My weight started to get out of control after my 28th birthday; back in 2018. 'Is this life towards 30?' my thoughts then. I cried on every birthday since 2015, because after 25 you kinda slowly grow out of your 20s, and I wanted to be forever young! (Die Young ~ Ke$ha was my favorite jam :P). My confidence faded as I aged until I surrendered in 2020 and accepted the fact that I'm overweight and that I'm not who I used to be neither will I ever become the person I used to be.

222393334_2855558151440443_7922159599868781271_n.jpg

It wasn't until I accepted my reality, when reality itself changed for me. Between mid 2020 and July 2021, I lost 10 lbs! I accepted the fact that I was overweight, but what changed? I never planned to lose weight! I just wanted to be and feel confident. "To be confident, One must feel confident", so I started speed walking 5km everyday, just to have a feeling of doing something towards gaining confidence.

I realized that I lost weight until I started getting compliments. When covid-19 was under control in my country and we were able to meet each other in person, everyone was like WOOWWW RACHIM! LOCKDOWN DID YOU GOOD! That's when I decided to stand on the scale and see what was going on!

To my surprise I lost 10lbs, when all I wanted was to feel confident. I started wearing tighter clothes and I even dare to wear white!

Now I'll tell you my weight loss secret ... Well, my subject is my secret! It's not losing weight, it's gaining confidence!

Here's the thing about losing weight... if your goal is to lose a certain amount of weight and when you reach that goal, then what?

But when your goal is about gaining confidence and feeling confident; when your goal is about maintaining a healthy lifestyle, losing weight or maintaining a healthy weight will automatically be part of the process.

Making small changes and adapting healthy habits like walking 50 minutes every day, eating cleaner will make people notice you over time! Especially when they haven't seen you in ages. Don't obsess about losing weight, instead focus on staying and being healthy.

The bigger goal is feeling healthy, sexy and confident, no matter what size! Losing weight is the added bonus.


Originally posted here: https://hive.blog/weightloss/@rachim/it-s-not-losing-weight

No comments:

Post a Comment