Sunday, June 14, 2020

Thoughts from a balcony, coffee in hand

https://files.peakd.com/file/peakd-hive/anomadsoul/MnY6Ow2s-IMG_20200614_084912076_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200614_084912076_HDR.jpg

I've been doing the famous and heavily adopted intermittent fasting. There are several types of fasting, and since I'm on Keto, I read that the best form of fasting to combine keto with, is the 16:8 one. #### Yeah, I know what you're gonna say, I should've consulted a nutricionist or at least talked about this idea with people who know more about fasting and/or Keto before getting myself enrolled on this. You're right, I should've done that instead of reading countless articles on the web... After all, it's not like people go on the internet and tell lies, troll for the fun of it, or are simply uninformed to write about any and every topic out there; I mean, it's not like every half-assed writer thinks they can write as an expert about almost any topic they can think of, it's not like we've seen it happen here on Hive, where someone can blog about healthy diets and the next day they're doing a vlog about the best ways to engage with their audience, and yet, they're fat as fuck and they have 115 followers. I guess a LOL is required here.
Well, my bad. I should've but I didn't. But I'm already one week on it and I feel great, almost as great as when I was taking 8 pills a day to control my glucose, triglycerides, lipids and cholesterol - and I'm not spending 250 dollars a month in them -, so I guess this is a win, let's see how I feel one month into this. Oh right, how dare I speak about fasting without even explaining what the hell is the 16:8 form of fasting. To be short about it, there are plenty of fasting approaches, being the most popular the 5:2, 16:8 and 24:0. The 5:2 means you eat normally five days a week and you entirely skip meals for two days a week - separated. The 16:8 means you only eat inside an eight hour window and you fast for sixteen hours, every day. The 24:0 is so about eating normally one day, and the next day completely fasting, the next day you way normally, and the next one you skip all your nails, and so on. I picked the 16:8 because, according to most of the Keto articles and fasting pieces I read, both eating habits mix very well. So here I am, having my bulletcoffee as every morning, enjoying the view in my temporary balcony, listening to German spoken podcasts to practice the language, watching the people go by on their daily chores, admiring the sunrise and writing a Hive post. Oh yeah, a bulletproof coffee is one of the few that do not break the fasting, as you put butter on it, instead of milk, creme or sugar, that way you provide your body with fat - the much needed fat for following a keto plan - while giving you the sensation of fullness in your stomach and, at the same time, letting your body not eat up their own muscles after working out. Oh yeah, didn't I mention that I'm working out every morning? Well, I am. Today was the first time I went out running, but for the past month I've been working out inside my room, mostly closed quarters exercises, not very challenging but enough to keep my body active during this quarantine. There's an Actifit update coming soon about that little workout I've put myself on to, and the results. What about you guys? Are you trying to stay fit during this quarantine? Are you already going out to work out? How about your diet, are you trying to follow a meal plan or healthy eating routine?
Originally posted here: https://hive.blog/health/@anomadsoul/thoughts-from-a-balcony-coffee-in-hand

No comments:

Post a Comment