Sunday, June 21, 2020

When life gives you a new beginning

https://files.peakd.com/file/peakd-hive/tinabrezpike/Ucj0Cl8A-20200621_094315.jpg
I'm not sure where to begin...Those 4 months were just unbelievable. It's hard to understand for some people what is the real meaning of our job. You are working, you are talking and helping,but you don't feel what they feel...

20200621_094315.jpg

I never imagined how can the life look like, if you're living with the untreatable disease. It's not great, but also not the worst. I learned so much in this couple of years. Before that, health wasn't important. I was living with a sick brother, but I never imagined what kind of pain he had. I wasn't ready to accept that my little brother have untreatable disease. I didn't know what can this thing do to you. He was always sick, always in hospital. Then, couple of years later, I was diagnosed with the same disease, and I can say, my life, I mean, my adult life started. My brother was always so calm and he never speaked about this. Me? I was destroyed. My teenager years were only for partying, without worrying what I'm putting in my body. I was healthy and strong. My brother? He missed his teenager years. You can't drink, because you always need bathroom, you can't be awake whole night because your body is not strong and your medication are making you tired, so he was always at home behind his computer. I was living with a sick brother and i didn't care. I still feel bad. He is my best friend now, and I love him so much. We talked about our childhood years, and I apologised for not being there for him. And what he did? He apologised to me for not knowing what was going on at home with our grandmother and that I was always living in fear. We were hidding this part of our life, he was to young and to sick to be dealing with another problems. After moving in another town, I started to realize how much I missed my family, my brother. And then, when they found out that I'm having the same disease like my brother, he was there for me. I finally realised how hard life can be if you're having Crohn's disease. You can't go out if you're in active phase, you just want to sleep and hope not to be disturbed. I didn't eat or drink, because you need bathroom right away and after some time you just don't have a strength to sit no a toilet and cry because of so much pain. But I have luck, after a few months, my disease is going in to the remission phase. My brother didn't have this luck. He was always in active phase. He never talk about this, it looked like he accepted this part of his life. Now I know this wasn't true. He was just hidding his feelings, and he was living with that pain for almost 20 years. I'm so glad he decided to move in Austria 4 years ago. He started with a job, he had his own apartment and it looked like he is finnaly happy. But no, he didn't tell me how much stress he had. Living on his own for the first time, working 10 hours straight and beeing without medications. Then one day, I was visiting him, and he looked like he was going to feint. His words? I can't live with this pain anymore, I can't eat and sleep, my body is going to collapse. We took him to the hospital. An immediate operation followed. Part of his intestine was removed because it was no longer possible to stop the spread of the disease with medication and it would spread to his throat over time. The only option the doctors had was a stoma. So, how do you tell to a 20 years old boy that he will have bag on his body for the rest of his life. But he decided this is the only option. He allowed it. I went to visit him after the operation, and when I saw him hooked up to all sorts of appliances, my heart broke. My brother. After he woke up, his first words were - "I never knew what it was like to sleep 8 hours straight without waking up to go on a toilet. Now I know. It's awesome." Always so positive, no matter what. What is a stoma? *"A stoma is an opening on the abdomen that can be connected to either your digestive or urinary system to allow waste (urine or faeces) to be diverted out of your body. It looks like a small, pinkish, circular piece of flesh that is sewn to your body. It may lie fairly flat to your body or protrude out. Over the top of your stoma you will wear a pouch, which can either be closed or have an opening at the bottom. Your stoma has no nerve endings so you should feel no pain from it"* - ( https://www.bladderandbowel.org/bowel/stoma/what-is-a-stoma/ ). He accepted this part of his life. Of course in the beginning was hard. You need to learn how to live with that and how to function with this bag. But he did it. He started talking about this and he is not ashamed anymore. He can finnaly live a normal live.

20200621_084926.jpg

20200621_085011.jpg

Today, my brother is a smiling, cheerful guy who has set up his own company, a job he enjoys and has found a girlfriend who has changed his life and accepted him with open arms regardless of his medical condition. I am so proud of him. And yes. My family is a special one, but this is my family and I love them, no matter what. So guys. Stay positive, smile and love. ;) Thanks for reading and till next time. ;) With love, @tinabrezpike ❤
Originally posted here: https://hive.blog/hive-148441/@tinabrezpike/when-life-gives-you-a-new-beginning

No comments:

Post a Comment