Saturday, April 17, 2021

Healthy Brownies

https://images.hive.blog/DQmWh5axv8sJtq3svEyFa9NGzsdBhN3c872z9SMPg82RnH6/image.png
I have tried out countless so -called ‘healthy brownies’ in my time, and to me they have never ever been a replacement to the real thing. They all have the ‘healthy’ taste, and quite honestly I just want that rich, gooey, oozy taste that you get from a proper brownie. So I have come up with the ULTIMATE fudgey chocolate brownie, which is so delicious and nutritious that you’re never, ever going to look back. I promise.

image.png

I am literally surrounded by packing right now! I am flying out from my city on wednesday (yay!) and I am leaving it pretty late on the suitcase front. However, priorities are priorities and quite frankly the consumption of healthy chocolate brownies is far more important right now.

image.png

These are coming with me on the plane, as I am not quite so fond of the processed food (or the price tag) they give out on board. I think it is very important to board a plane well equipped with loads of nibbles so that you can munch your way through the hours of staring at the seat in front of you. Anyway, back to the brownies. Did I say that they only contain 4 ingredients? Or that they take about 10 minutes to make? And that they are completely raw, vegan and gluten free? Yum. The chocolatey ingredient here is raw cacao powder and it is seriously amazing. many people have heard of the health benefits, but not many people know that heating it up actually removes some of its amazing nutritional benefits (boo) so these brownies are perfect, and they require zero heat. So in terms of health benefits, you’re obviously wondering what amazing things this superfood is capable of! This stuff is basically a cardiovascular powerhouse. It promotes circulation, lowers blood pressure and reduces levels of LDL cholesterol. Wow. How? Cacao powder contains flavanols helping to retain the flexibility of artery walls as they age, and flavanoids which act as antioxidants that mop up our free radicals. Cacao has a whole host of other incredible-ness that I could probably fill a 1000 page book with, but don’t worry – I’m not going to. Along with the highly nutritious nuts and dates in this recipe these literally leave you glowing with a healthy beam. Just go ahead and make these amazing brownies because I swear you will not be disappointed! ## Healthy Chocolate Brownies ### Ingredients ½ cup raw cacao powder ¾ cup brazil nuts 1 cup pecan nuts 2 cups medjool dates, pitted ### Instructions Place all the nuts in to the food processor. Blend for about 10 seconds until the nuts look very finely chopped, like a crumbly powder. Now, add the cacao powder and ½ the dates. Blend again, adding the rest of the dates a few at a time. Blend until the mixture forms a big gooey ball. This may take around 5-10 minutes (be patient!), you may need to use a spoon to push the mixture down the sides of the food processor every now and then. Press the mixture in to a baking tin, and place the tin into the fridge until cold (a couple of hours) or of course place in to the freezer for an hour if you're in a hurry!

image.png

These will store in the fridge perfectly for about 3 weeks.
Originally posted here: https://hive.blog/hive-120586/@ekna/healthy-brownies

No comments:

Post a Comment