Thursday, April 8, 2021

April's great challenge

https://files.peakd.com/file/peakd-hive/danielapevs/AKJ3XEcMbvDMMZaL8wD3sxen7p2akPB15xaato3dkTcPQhFTpWkACdZQN6wy4Nx.png

abril.png

*Image made in canva*
It has been a difficult few days health wise, I have been suffering from very bad migraines and have had little rest. I know these are messages of situations that I have been accumulating over time and, the lifestyle I was starting to adopt was far from what I wanted for myself. I have had to spend a lot of time at home for work and, since my work is computer based, I spend most of the day without physical activity (even if I am not working) and I think my brain gets used to bad habits very quickly. Also depression has come from time to time and it has been difficult to deal with it, I still open the door very quickly when it comes and that is something I should improve for the love of myself. And to add to that, I have been caught in a vicious cycle of eating too many calories and sugar, I don't know why depression gives me to consume too much food that ends up hurting my own health. So last night I decided to pause, reflect on all this and decided to make a decision, my mental and physical health are above even a job. This morning I went out early to restock the pantry with healthy food, that is, vegetables, fruits and grains; I didn't buy sugar this time because I really feel that the consumption I'm giving it is hurting me a lot.

pexels-alexy-almond-3758133.jpg

s o u r c e
Besides all this, my cousin has given me a subscription for a 3 month training program, which I start today! I'm excited because exercising is one of the things I like the most and, due to work, I've been displacing it. I'm currently over my weight, I can't tell you how much but it's already evident on the outside, my goal beyond losing weight is to feel good. I am putting together a **`bullet journal`** to keep notes of the new habits I want to acquire, I am purging my room of things that I feel are irrelevant and overload me. Among the habits I am going to implement is to improve my rest, sometimes I overdo it and work until the wee hours of the morning, this is obviously not good for my health so I will try to be a little more flexible with my work, working 17 hours a day is taking its toll on me. I have incorporated having **`30 minutes to 1 hour of reading daily,`** nothing related to work so I can disconnect and also 30 minutes of a walk to welcome the outdoors, due to overwork I have been at home a lot and any opportunity that comes my way is a meditative and grateful moment.

pexels-eternal-happiness-3326362.jpg

s o u r c e
I will continue to maintain my habit of meditation and gratitude, but I will try more than anything to stay more with myself than in front of the computer. I am investing many hours in working and 0 in taking care of myself. I will tell you week by week all about my progress both physically, spiritually and psychologically. Thanks to psychology I will be studying my behaviors to also bring you a post that relates changes in habits with mental health and it is very important to always have evidence and basis of what we report. Wish me luck guys, **`I send you lots of love.`**
The habit chart I'm using
-

image.png

s o u r c e
---

salad.gif

*Translated with the help of [deepL](https://www.deepl.com/)*
---

banner final.png

*Read more about MOON JOURNALevery Monday*
---

mindfullife.png

[Community](https://peakd.com/c/hive-120078/created)II[Discord](https://discord.gg/NEkDenGrT6)

Originally posted here: https://hive.blog/hive-148441/@danielapevs/aprils-great-challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment