Thursday, April 1, 2021

My test smoothie. VEGAN. NO ARTIFICIALLY-FLAVORED JUICE INCLUDED

https://files.peakd.com/file/peakd-hive/restcity/24246WdwgHddFcwA1VAYQZQJdkSDuaQoLTW8yd7GczYCPft6RaAM1kt3oL51MdXQSEcmA.jpg

raspberry-3176371_1920.jpg

image source: https://pixabay.com/photos/raspberry-blueberry-smoothies-juice-3176371/ Yesterday I had some fruits in the fridge that were on the verge of going bad, and since they were fruits I don't care much for eating alone, I decided a smoothie would be the perfect way to use them while being healthy at the same time. I thought adding almond milk would make it a creamy, sweet, tasty thing to drink before I went to the store. I added raspberries, purple grapes, a banana, and some almond milk to my blender. I never did this fruit combo, and I don’t make smoothies often, so I had no idea how this was gonna turn out. But to me, that is the fun of the test smoothie! I called this smoothie ‘the test smoothie’ because I had no idea how it was going to come out! Would it be thick or watery? And my favorite question for smoothies, what color would it be?

photo.JPG

Needless to say it turned out to be purple, and after I drank it for a while I knew my pros and cons to it. PROS: It was sweet CONS It was too thick Too many grape skins, adding more irritation to the thickness So that smoothie to me was a bit of a bust, but I thought someone might like it and so I copied the recipe down below so anyone can make it, with a bit of my suggestions down below it. Here’s how to make it for yourself. Makes about 3 servings 1 ¼ cups of raspberry 1 ½ cup of purple grapes 1 very ripe banana. About 4 cups almond milk (or enough to cover the fruit up. I say this since I didn’t really measure how much milk I put in.) Just blend it all together to get a nice purple smoothie. Also, if you don’t use already cold fruits like I did, just use, I’d say about five ice cubes to keep it cold. Also, use a cup of water or a cup of more almond milk to make your smoothie more watery and not too thick like mine (and that should make the grape skin more easy to bare, unless you like grape skin of course!) And that's my trial and error smoothie story for today! Comment if you actually make the smoothie, or if you make the smoothie with the adjustments! We can all see how each other's version of this smoothie turned out! Have an extraordinary week!
Originally posted here: https://hive.blog/hive-120078/@restcity/my-test-smoothie-vegan-no-artificially-flavored-juice-included

No comments:

Post a Comment