Saturday, February 6, 2021

Journey to a Healthier and Happier "Me" - Entry 5 - 2021/02/06 - DAY 6!! Just Keep Swimming!

https://i.imgur.com/ubLJBwC.png

Just keep swimming...that's been my mantra for the past two days! While my week started fresh and energised, by Thursday, I felt quite defeated. Maybe I burnt too brightly at the beginning - meaning I was so enthusiastic that I put too much effort into me journey towards a "happier and healthier me" right at the start.

Oh well, the good news is that despite me feeling utterly exhausted and a little despondent, I HAVE kept swimming and have been working diligently on my goals, which are, to reiterate, to:

  • Lose a couple of KGs
  • Eat healthier
  • Drink more water (and less tea)
  • Spend more time with my family
  • Find happiness in the smaller things life has to offer

So, yesterday and today's blissful sunny weather brought me to the pool, where I did countless laps to get my heart-rate pumping for a fulfilling cardi-workout. At the pool, I also got to spend some quality FUN IN TH SUN time with my kiddos.

If you think about it, the swimming and waterplay is quite befitting with my theme, you know what I mean?

Here's a picture of my youngest lazing in the sun like a little lizard. She is a water baby of note!

OKAY - SO! Tomorrow marks one whole week since I decided to work on "ME". I have had moments of doubt, moments where I just want to climb under the covers and hide, but I think the fact that I am putting conscious effort into being happy and healthy is what has been making all the difference. Each time I feel down, I gather the energy I need and gain the traction I need to - you guessed it - keep swimming.

I am already feeling happier, healthier, and more in control of my own being!

Just look at the tranquility of these pool - it's bliss - and excellent for a bout of cardio!

Much love @sweetpea

Originally posted here: https://hive.blog/health/@sweetpea/journey-to-a-healthier-and-happier-me-entry-5-2021-02-06-day-6-just-keep-swimming

No comments:

Post a Comment