Monday, July 13, 2020

Recovering From the Holiday Weekend Diet Damage and Other Diet Experiments to Come.

http://ifttt.com/images/no_image_card.png
With the damage of the holiday cheat weekend done, I was able to shed 6.6 pounds from Monday to Sunday morning. I fell about a half pound short of my goal to get back into the 270's but I'm proud of the 6 pounds lost. I find it a little unsettling that you can put on 8 pounds over a holiday weekend, and it takes over a week to take it back it off. If anything though, I find it motivating now. I think it's also an important lesson to learn how my body reacts to junk food and alcohol, and the what the actual repercussions of cheating are. Although there wont be any cheat weekends for some time now. I would like to do a couple additional experiments. One person pointed out, that after drinking alcohol you should wait 24 - 48 hours to weigh yourself. I guess that's about the time it takes for your body to release the water bloat from alcohol consumption. So I think I may try that on the next cheat weekend. The other experiment I'd like to try is a cheat weekend without alcohol. Again,I wont be doing this for some time now.I would like to see how much of a difference alcohol consumption makes though. I suspect high carb drinks like craft beer probably cause some serious damage. I may do some additional experiments with alcohol too. Maybe see what different drinks do, like say vodka compared to whiskey or beer. Maybe I'll try those when I get myself back into the 250 range. Regardless, I always have a cheat day each week. It's usually Sunday. The next cheat experiment I'd like to do, is to see how much damage I'm doing to myself each Sunday. I'll try a Sunday morning weigh-in followed by a Monday weigh-in. Maybe I can try that next weekend. Based on the results I may take less weekly cheat days, or focus on a bi-weekly cheat day to help improve my results. For now, I'm back on track. My goal for this week is to simply get myself back into the 270's. I'll set a loose goal of 275, which would put me a pound under where I left off before the cheat weekend. I'll be happy with anything in the 270's though. I doubled my time on the treadmill this morning, and plan on putting on some extra miles. I think I'm also going to increase my time with the free-weights. At 52 I'm not expecting any muscle gains, but I'm definitely not as saggy 😂 I'll talk more on that in my next diet post. Well time to go shopping for some healthy food for the week! Thanks for reading, cheers! https://media.giphy.com/media/KGIOMRnlBRouk/giphy.gif
Originally posted here: https://hive.blog/exhaust/@the-bitcoin-dood/recovering-from-the-holiday-weekend-diet-damage-and-other-diet-experiments-to-come

No comments:

Post a Comment