Sunday, August 8, 2021

The pain of a unsupportive environment [Eng | Spa]

https://images.hive.blog/p/Zskj9C56UonZ32EJw6nMcm9UJXZFc4FvMtk6wyeAAuLFtYoY5aQPJz7HJeUXCs6opEKknaU6C4894JC9FqwMWAUDqc7qJ37Hvvqxc2ibw1V6A1HhYSza?format=match&mode=fit

Hello Catarsis community! | ¡Hola Comunidad de Catarsis!

Hello Catarsis, I send you all a big hug and I would like to communicate that I did not write this text that I bring you today. Abigail did it, and that I only separated it and put the bold letters and cursive letters, otherwise it is intact as Abigail wrote it for me, after several discussions with different family members throughout the week. And after I told her about Catarsis, she said: publish it.

Hola Catarsis, les mando a todos un gran abrazo y quisiera comunicar que no escribí este texto que les traigo hoy, Abigail lo hizo y que yo solo lo separe y puse las negritas y cursivas, de resto está intacto como me lo escribió Abigail para mí, luego de variadas discusiones con distintos familiares a lo largo de la semana. Y tras yo comentarle la existencia de Catarsis, me dijo: publicalo.

I am writing this to get it off my chest. But to be honest, I've had enough. I got tired of people being so loose in talking and hurting you without thinking*. Ever since I was diagnosed previous placenta, I've lived a nightmare constant.

Esto lo escribo para desahogarme. Pero siendo honesta, ya me cansé. Me cansé de que la gente sea tan suelta al hablar y te hiera sin pensar. Desde que me diagnosticaron placenta previa he vivido una pesadilla constante.

imagen3.jpg

Every day I wake up with a little gray cloud, which as the day unfolds grows or fades. Today is one of those days when it spreads and unleashes a storm over my head. I know well that many don't do it with bad intentions, but they hate me. Sometimes comments of this type I don't think twice about this, so as not to affect my emotional state; but sometimes they seep in and penetrate to the deepest parts of my being, destroying my soul*.

Todos los días despierto con una nubecita gris, que conforme se desarrolla el día crece o se desvanece. Hoy es uno de esos días en que se extiende y desata una tormenta sobre mi cabeza. Sé bien que muchos no lo hacen con malas intenciones, pero me hieren. A veces los comentarios de este tipo no los pienso dos veces, para no afectar mi estado emocional; pero a veces se filtran y penetran hasta los más profundo de mi ser, destruyéndome el alma.

Today is one of those days; I'm torn down by those harsh insinuations, that say something is wrong with my body. Around me, most have had happy pregnancies without any major complications, but I don't come out of one medical complication of any kind to get into another.

Hoy es uno de esos días; me derrumban esas duras insinuaciones de que algo está mal en mi cuerpo. En mi alrededor la mayoría ha tenido embarazos felices sin ninguna complicación mayor, pero yo no salgo de una complicación médica de cualquier índole para entrar en otra.

imagen2.jpg

Add to all that those sharp comments like razor blades that stab my soul: "You shouldn't have any more children " yes I know what do you think? that I'm not even aware of what's going on in my body? That I don't feel bad because I almost lost my daughter in the third month?

A todo eso se suma esos comentarios afilados como cuchillas que me apuñalan el alma: "No deberías tener más hijos" sí lo sé ¿Qué crees? ¿ Que no estoy consciente acaso de lo que ocurre en mi cuerpo? ¿Qué no me siento mal porque casi pierdo a mi hija en el tercer mes?

imagen1.jpg

They forget that we can feel guilty, that every day we question ourselves wondering what we did wrong, that we feel defective and useless or that we weren't born to be mothers. I know that also this train of thought is a consequence of the social environment we have lived in, but I chose to be mom, and I have always wanted my own children.

Se olvidan que nos podemos sentir culpables, que todos los días nos cuestionamos preguntando qué hicimos mal, que nos sentimos defectuosas e inservibles o que no nacimos para ser madres. Sé que también este hilo de pensamientos es consecuencia del entorno social que hemos vivido; pero elegí ser mamá, y desde siempre he querido mis propios hijos.

photo_2021_07_31_17_51_12.jpg

It unexpectedly touched me, and I have received it with open arms, joyful, immensely happy. I'm trying to move forward, I'm 7 months pregnant, and the future is uncertain. We have done everything we can to have an improvement, and it has been difficult.

Me tocó de la forma inesperada y la he recibido con los brazos abiertos, feliz, inmensamente feliz. Trato de seguir adelante, cumplí 7 meses de embarazo y el futuro es incierto. Hemos hecho todo lo posible para tener una mejoría y ha sido difícil.

And they dare to come with their poison and say barbarities: "You should tie your fallopian trumps later ", "My pregnancy wasn't like that " "You don't do things right " "They're crazy if they want to have another baby " "You were a healthy girl ", "I don't understand why so many complications ".

Y se atreven a venir con su veneno y decir barbaridades: "Deberías ligarte después", "Mi embarazo no fue así" "No haces bien las cosas" "Están locos si quieren tener otro bebé" "Tú eras una chica sana", "No entiendo porque tantas complicaciones".

imagen4.jpg

We already live in a complicated situation, don't you think that's enough? What should you support us instead of criticizing? Or does the doubt and panic we deal with day by day not matter? There is nothing more terrifying than the possibility of losing a daughter. You have not experienced the feeling of falling into an abyss at the sight of blood on my hands, that night I will never forget. So don't talk; it's better this way and doesn't add more suffering to what we already have.

Ya vivimos una situación complicada, ¿No creen que es suficiente? ¿Qué deberían apoyarnos en vez de criticar? ¿O es que acaso la duda y el pánico con el que lidiamos día a día no importa? No hay nada más aterrador que la posibilidad de perder a una hija. No han vivido la sensación de caer en un abismo al ver la sangre en mis manos, aquella noche que jamás olvidaré. Así que no hablen; es mejor así y no añadan más sufrimiento al que ya tenemos.

With this she ends the letter she made yesterday, I invite you to stop by the upvote box and especially the comment box and chat with me about how to support Abigail in this situation with the people around her, and leave me any advice on how to support her more or better.

Con esto termina ella la carta que me hizo ayer, les invito a pasar por la casilla de upvote y en especial por la casilla de comentarios y conversar conmigo sobre cómo apoyar a Abigail en esta situación con las personas de su rededor y dejarme cualquier consejo sobre como apoyarla mejor forma o distintas formas.


All the pictures used in this post are my property and the screenshots were taken to give reference to the cost of childbirth in Venezuela. I used Deepl and Grammarly as supplements to the writing of this text.

Todas las fotografías usadas en este Post son de mi propiedad y las captures son para darles referencias del costo de traer un bebe al mundo en Venezuela. He usado Deepl y Grammarly como complementos para la redacción de este texto.


Originally posted here: https://hive.blog/hive-110372/@jesustiano/the-pain-of-a-unsupportive

No comments:

Post a Comment