Saturday, August 7, 2021

How a low-fat lifestyle transformed my health

https://images.hive.blog/p/7258xSVeJbKmTr9Z4jhbPj9GHY1wjtmcKenorTChyUyJCj1EZVG9sM5T8GJtsJcx2UpeYrFCi8Xh152cSXtwJBtwzAnRLzd4cNRgWKy85oZNFYEuCrgyRtVm63cJxuXn6YqoJ7ciHcpzA?format=match&mode=fit

Apart from my transition to vegan and raw foods, one change in my eating habits helped me the most to get healthy and fit while enjoying a full abundance in my meals - a high-carb and low-fat approach. More about my own experiences at the end.

First, let's explore why high-fat meals can hinder us on our path to longterm health and vibrancy.


Why high-fat is NOT the answer to longterm health



Unfortunately, a high-fat and low-carb diet is an an ever-upcoming trend under different names like Atkins or ketogenic diet. Although one might experience some short-term success with such an approach, there are important concerns in the long run for the health of our heart, liver, brain, adrenals and more.

A high fat content in our blood blocks sugar from entering the cells of our organs, glands and nervous system. This is why when people are on a low-carb and high- fat diet, after some time they often experience strong cravings. It’s their cells screaming for fuel. For many people this leads to binge eating junk food after a period of „staying strong" with their low-carb approach. Since the sugar can’t properly enter the cells, it accumulates in our blood and as a response, our body releases more insulin to transport it into the cells. This way, people can develop an insulin resistance facing the diagnosis of diabetes - with a high-fat diet as a root cause of their condition.

How we can fully nourish our body



Instead, when we start to nourish our body with high-quality sugar (carbs) in form of fruits and veggies and at the same time keep our meals low in fat (e.g. less. nuts, seeds, avocado, coconut milk) - we finally give our body the opportunity to properly fuel itself and heal naturally.

Check out The Truth About The Ketogenic Diet and Critical Clean Carbohydrates by Anthony William to dive deeper into the importance of a low-fat approach. And to learn more about a healthy diet to prevent and treat diabetes, browse through the empowering resources at Mastering Diabetes.

Salad Bowl Raw Vegan.jpg


My journey to health and vibrancy


I personally was dealing with acne for many years - I felt uncomfortable even looking into the mirror let alone going out without lots of makeup. But focusing on high-carb meals and limiting my fat intake helped me tremendously to heal my skin issues and step into a more vibrant life. On the other hand, whenever I indulged in a lot of raw gourmet meals with a high fat content for a period of time, my skin broke out again. I then also often experienced stomach aches, bad digestion and a foggy mind which certainly impacted my mood as well. A combination I won't miss.

Nowadays, I am thriving on the low-fat approach and discovered how delicious this lifestyle can be. We don't need a lot of fatty ingredients to make raw vegan food super tasty. Don't just take my word for it, to experience it yourself you can check out my recipe ebook Raw Vegan Abundance.

And if you are still eating cooked foods and are just playing with a few new raw food choices right now - this low-fat approach is just as powerful for your cooked meal choices.

So, where can you start?


The 80/10/10 concept by Dr. Doug Graham is a helpful guidance for this low-fat lifestyle. It means to receive 80% of your overall daily calories from carbohydrates, 10% from protein and 10% from fat. With tools like Cronometer you can check your daily meals for a while to get a feeling for how this ratio can look like in your meal choices.

Have you recently tracked how much fat you consume on a usual day?

Now it's your time to find out. We often don’t realise how much fat sneaks into our meals until we actually measure it a few times (e.g. with tools like Cronometer). No need to panic though if you are way above the 10%, every day is the perfect day to start creating healthier habits around our food choices.


In my Holistic Health Coachings, I help my clients to find their personal flow with healthy meals - new habits that works for their particular lifestyle and health goals, in their individual pace. If you could use guidance on your own path, follow this link to learn more about my 1:1 Coachings.

Have an inspiring day!
Anais

Steemit Banner-2.png


Originally posted here: https://hive.blog/hive-120078/@rawadventuress/how-a-low-fat-lifestyle-transformed-my-health

No comments:

Post a Comment