Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Writing, Scifi and Mindful Living aka NanoWrimo Update plus Ayurveda Journey Update

https://files.steempeak.com/file/steempeak/vincentnijman/01FIGE3u-IMG_29035B15D.jpg

IMG_29031.jpg

###### I talked with my brother today, who is skipping the European winter, by spending time in Asia. He and I got to speak about nanowrimo and I told him how I liked the 10 page sci-fi short story that he has written in November. It was fun to recognize elements of his real life and behavior in his story. I remember him saying the same when he read fragments of *The Story of Hypersensitivosaurus* my novel in progress. It's also a lot easier to write about things you know and describe people that are very much like you or people you know very well ( although the latter might make you step on some sensitive toes ). I found it intriguing to see how different his writing style is from mine. His sentences are usually way shorter and I must say I like that ( probably because opposites attract ). I also enjoy(ed) the fact that he's writing sci-fi, as it's the genre that I probably read the most. Not just because it's one of my favorite genres around, but also because he and his girlfriend gifted me an E-reader with loads of ( mainly sci-fi ) books, a year and a half ago.

divider bw.fw.png

Talking about sci-fi, I am watching a series called 'Mars' on Netflix these days and I'm liking it quite a lot. I only watched 3 out of 13 episodes but so far so good. Anyhow, it was nice to talk to my brother, fun to talk about his writing and about writing in general. It gave me that little boost I'll need, to actually get into editing mode in the not too distant future. With the returning rain and shorter days, as well as little distraction, diving into my fictional world isn't the worst thing to do this month :>) Meanwhile, I will also continue [my journey into ayurveda](https://steempeak.com/health/@vincentnijman/focusing-on-health-once-again-aka-my-personal-journey-into-ayurveda) ( both researching and applying it to my real life ).

divider bw.fw.png

**In Short**: trying to keep the recently introduced routine going ( three meals a day around the same hour: 8AM, NOON, 6PM, as well as going to bed early and waking up early, around the same time every day ), more mindful and healthy eating, in a way that is fitting to my dosha('s). I need to listen more to my 'gut' feeling because that is what ayurveda is all about, not just on what I eat and drink but also on how (and when ) I eat and drink. **I had somewhat of a breakthrough tonight, just before writing this post...** For the first time since I can remember, I managed to not eat too much, even though the food was awesome and I had almost the same amount left in the pan. I just ate one bowl of soup. Being pretty skinny and often hungry since I can remember, I have always thought I had a great metabolism and could eat loads, which usually led to over eating. It's only now, that I start to realize that I probably just haven't been mindful enough about my eating, have not been chewing properly and that I did not digest my food very well - leading to me being hungry throughout the day and often not feeling very well. I did not actually listen to my gut feeling, no matter how sensitive I am. Habits are hard to break but they can be replaced by better ones. I could say so much more about this but I first need to learn more. I also feel like watching episode 4 of Mars and doing some sci-fi reading afterwards.
##### Do you think there's some habits that you could work on? Perhaps some that aren't serving you?

divider bw.fw.png

**I'm happy to be part of the Natural Medicine group here on Steemit and Discord. It helped me a lot in so many ways. It's great to know that I am not alone out here. Feel welcome to join the group or take a peak, if you're interested, by following this link: [Natural Medicine Discord chat](https://discord.gg/)** https://files.steempeak.com/file/steempeak/riverflows/ycGUGTUd-Adobe_Post_20191005_1407590.7166289598489931.gif

*The picture above this post shows tonight's sunset from my balcony in Monte Frio, Portugal*
Originally posted here: https://steemit.com/hive-120078/@vincentnijman/writing-scifi-and-mindful-living-aka-nanowrimo-update-plus-ayurveda-journey-update

No comments:

Post a Comment