Saturday, December 28, 2019

Merry Christmas, Everyone!

https://cdn.steemitimages.com/DQmV1AiuSiw4cFtELQys9fzETn3VSPq6RqpSnFrmYaMLUap/original.jpg

original.jpg

I would love to wish all my steemit friends and family a very Merry Christmas! To me, the Christmas season runs from Christmas Eve right up until New Years Day. Then, on January 2nd, we are all brought back to reality. Even though I spent many years in Retail, I never lost my Christmas spirit. I always searched for more bizarre Christmas songs. I could always be spotted wearing some sort of Christmas-related accessory, whether it be a tie, earring or sock. Although everyone doesn't get to see them, these articles of clothing even include Christmas underwear. I know, TMI! This week is also spent visiting friends and family. It is a lot easier than going to four houses on Christmas Eve. Okay, sometimes I start before Christmas Eve. It is also an important time of the year to remind certain people in your life how much you love them. This includes visits to the cemetery to have talks with those who are no longer with us. People celebrate their holidays in different ways and I respect that. However, no one can stop me from wishing someone a "Merry Christmas." If you have a problem with that, then you are the one with a problem. No matter how you celebrate, the underlying theme seems to always be "Love." We can't keep the theme mentioned above unless we try to remember those that are less fortunate. Also, keep in mind those that are having a sad Christmas. Even if you don't understand why the person is depressed, it is not a bad idea to be there for them. Sometimes showing them how much their life is worth can help them get through the holidays. Worth is not always measured in dollars. You can be a very rich person by the friendships that you keep. One of the best gifts I received this year was a shirt proclaiming that I am a "Poppy." It makes me realize that I have little ones to look out for. Also, watching the children in the Drama Club that I direct perform was a wonderful gift. I could go on and on, but I know that I am lucky to have the people in my life that I do. To all of you, I wish a healthy and blessed Christmas!
Originally posted here: https://steemit.com/christmas/@domgreg/merry-christmas-everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment