Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Fighting Addiction

https://cdn.steemitimages.com/DQmQyPAN89BBjCfAWKsUiKKGxhQ7AP2kg2tHJP4KdCgGC1j/brain-954821__480.webp

brain-954821__480.webp

[PIXABAY](https://pixabay.com/illustrations/brain-mind-obsession-food-snacks-954821/) How do you get over a habit that you have been used to and it's already a part of you and stopping it, is like pulling a part of your flesh from your body? Firstly let me introduce you to what addiction is. > the fact or condition of being addicted to a particular substance or activity. #### CREDIT: Oxford Dictionary I was feeling a bit safe about addiction until I saw what Wikipedia got for me. Let's see the Wikipedia definition of addiction. >Addiction is a brain disorder characterized by compulsive engagement in rewarding stimuli despite adverse consequences. #### SOURCE:[Wikipedia](https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Addiction) Oh no! I am having a heart attack right now. Over time, I have been addicted to procrastination and laziness but as the day progresses instead of me getting better I'm becoming worse. I went through a year of depression which I am breaking free from and it's been good so far. During my down moment, I found solace in junk foods and carbonated drinks.

burger-500054__480 (1).jpg

[PIXABAY](https://pixabay.com/photos/burger-bacon-snack-fast-food-bun-500054/) I hardly make homemade meals and please don't suggest why I didn't go for real/good meals in the restaurant or fast food because that's not my thing. I don't know how to eat food not made at the home apart from junk. Junks and carbonated drinks were my solaces, I was putting on weight so people couldn't decipher how sad I am and it was good to me. But right now I am so deep in the realm of addiction and if I decide to quit this week, in 3 days to one week's time I am back into it. I have been able to limit the junk foods but I do consume carbonated drinks if not almost but every day. At times I can take two to three bottles. Yeah, it's that serious and I really do need help I have heard people complain about drug addiction, alcohol addiction, phone/gadgets addition, game addition, and others but not as much as junks addition. lol. I guess my addiction is just one of that rare addition that does occur but I really do want to break free. The sugars ain't just good for my health. I don't know if there is anyone that has fought through addition here or if there is someone that knows how a person can get through addition reading this. I will really need your help, do drop your suggestions in the comment section. I am taking some steps to overcome my addiction like daily reminding myself that I need to stay fit and healthy. And trying to give a blind eye to carbonated drinks. And drinking chilled water before I become thirsty so much.
#### Thanks for reading. It's your girl, @prechyrukky.
Originally posted here: https://steemit.com/writing/@prechyrukky/fighting-addiction

No comments:

Post a Comment