Tuesday, May 5, 2020

How I Enjoy Chia Seeds

https://files.peakd.com/file/peakd-hive/jemzem/xdfRaXiR-chia12.jpg

chia12.jpg

I have been taking Chia seeds ever since I started my low carb diet last October 2019. Chia seeds are considered as a superfood because it is loaded with nutrients that are beneficial to our health. It is rich in magnesium, calcium, fiber, potassium, zinc, and other minerals. This amazing superfood also helps boost our immune system and is also a good antioxidant. I have been taking it regularly ever since the pandemic began because I believe in its health benefits. ## HOW I PREPARE MY CHIA SEEDS *Note: I will be posting a separate blog for each recipe (Items 3-6).* 😊 ### 1. Chia Seeds in water This is the most common and easiest way of taking Chia Seeds. Most of the time, I am only mixing it in water and let it soak for a few minutes before I drink it. Please note that Chia seeds need to be soaked for not less than 10 minutes as it grows a little bigger when soaked. Other people also prefer Chia Lemon Water as Chia and Lemon is a perfect combination. ### 2. Chia Seeds in Tea, Coffee, or Cocoa. I also feel mixing the seeds in my tea, coffee, and cocoa sometimes. Same with water, just soak the seeds for not less than 10 minutes in your drinks and enjoy!

chia13.jpg

### 3. Chia Seeds Champorado Whenever I feel like eating a Champorado, I never hesitate to cook some. Since rice is a big NO to our diet because it is rich in carbohydrates, we can still cook Champorado by substituting rice with Chia Seeds. So even on diet, we can still enjoy a guilt-free and healthier snack!

chia9.jpg

### 4. Low Carb Chocolate Milk Tea with Chia Seeds I am also a fan of milk tea before having a diet. So good thing we can still satisfy our cravings having this guilt-free drinks. I substituted black pearls with Chia seeds and also added unflavored gelatine to make it tastier and livelier. When I tried to prepare this drink before, I was amazed that it tastes like the chocolate flavored milk teas that I use to buy in the mall. ### 5. Low Carb Coffee Jelly with Chia Seeds I am not a fan of coffee jellies but I still tried to make one as I was thinking of other possible Chia drinks that I can try. After preparing it, my siblings immediately tried and like me, they absolutely loved it, too! ### 6. Low Carb Chia Chocolate Drink This one tasted like Chuckie. And as a chocolate lover, this one satisfies my cravings! I am preparing this one more often compared to Chia Milk Tea and Coffee Jelly because this is easier to prepare. Although I love the other two, I always opt for making the drink with the easiest preparation. Hehehe
https://files.peakd.com/file/peakd-hive/jemzem/dW55j04X-chia14.jpgLOW CARB CHOCOLATE MIK TEA, COFFEE JELLY, AND CHOCOLATE DRINK
There’s still a lot of Chia Seeds recipes out there that I haven’t tried yet such as chia pudding and smoothies. If I’m in the mood again to prepare such desserts, I’ll definitely try and see how it tastes. So, there you go! Those are fun ways of preparing Chia seeds. I will share the individual recipes on my next blogs. Keep safe and healthy, everyone! 😊
Originally posted here: https://hive.blog/hive-174578/@jemzem/how-i-enjoy-chia-seeds

No comments:

Post a Comment