Sunday, May 24, 2020

What do you do with... lentils?

https://steemitimages.com/0x0/https://d1vof77qrk4l5q.cloudfront.net/img/9074adb36eabea20ce630f398e3b1b83f43bc8de.jpg
**Lentils.** I can't say tell much about this type of food. It's not common for the people in my country to eat it and we do not grow it either. We have beans, potatoes, and cabbage. I intended to write an article to join @gertu her contest but I published something else [here](https://read.cash/@wakeupkitty/the-need-for-vitamin-c-892006ed#comment-1cb3b1e7) and it took me way longer as expected to search for answers and write it all down. As a mobile blogger I am not that fast plus my mind is still asleep. **Back to the lentils.** They are for sale but not cheap. I can buy them dry (I did that once in my life) and in a can like soup or? Well, it is some kind of meal. I have no idea if you can eat it just like this or have to cook some rice yourself? **I do not like lentils.** The first reason is the taste, the second and main reason is the smell. It isn't a jolly food to look at either. I once made that comment and I believe the response was I shouldn't buy the grey ones but the red ones. The only lentils I know are grey. The color of dried mud. **What do I do with lentils?** Nothing, totally nothing. I doubt I will hive it another try no matter how healthy people say it is. Great lentils are healthy but so are beans and I noticed the red cabbage we have is way healthier as lentils are. I guess each country has it's own food habits and we eat what grows with us and no matter what we grow or eat if it comes to it it's all healthy in some way (if that is true we never know for sure but at least it fills the tummy). https://www.mupload.nl/img/9zeczj.jpg _This photo is part of a page in the Dutch magazine "Boodschappen" #12, December 2019. It belongs to the supermarket Coop._ As @gertu said she liked to host a contest she mentioned it would be about nature and anyone could join. If you had a dress with the theme on it you could too. I keep remembering these words of her. A dress with lentils on it? OMG... Again it's a big NO for me. I will never buy clothes with lentils or any other type of food on it. I noticed most contests she hosted I cannot join because I do nothing with most of her themes. I started using the turmeric by the way. @olivia08 had a tip and I found another one. It's good for your gums. Add a little bit of water to 0.5 tablespoon of turmeric, rub it on your gums.

This is my entry to the Curation Circle Creed (CCC) contest [What do you do with...](https://esteem.app/hive-166850/@gertu/contest-ccc-2-50-what-do-you-do-with-and-announcement-of-winner-concurso-ccc-2-50-que-haces-con-y-anuncio-del-ganador) hosted by @gertu. Theme: lentils #### CCC = #hive-166850 `This is an Invitation to join #ccc. The community CCC supports members by encouraging and upvoting each other and by hosting contests. Contests are hosted by @team-ccc and it's members. See @team-ccc for contests running.`
Originally posted here: https://hive.blog/hive-166850/@wakeupkitty/what-do-you-do-with-lentils

No comments:

Post a Comment