Tuesday, August 6, 2019

My Day 018 - Monday - JUST DO IT

https://cdn.pixabay.com/photo/2017/02/26/15/24/tennis-2100437_960_720.jpg
Monday was a busy day. I played tennis in the morning and after that I had an appointment (boring for taxes) and after that I went to my family to have dinner. This week I want to find the perfect balance between working hard and enjoying life. As I said yesterday I don't think the monk life with absurd goals and abstinence of things I enjoy is not good for me. Of course I understand that you have to give up some things if you want to reach something, but you don't have to forget to enjoy life. So I updated my goals a little bit. One of the things I really want to do is writing. I started a novel in Dutch a year ago and I want to pick that up again. Maybe I also want to start a website with how to change your life with a scientific touch. I'm still thinking about that and I will put it on my daily list to do a little bit of writing or researching for these things. Data science is still high on my list because I still want to find a parttime job in data science or research. I also started with a profile on Kaggle, a data science platform and I want to do some projects for free, to see how my Python skills are in real life.

Just do it

As with data science and writing and reading and being social and exercising.... I just need to do it! No more excuses. No more waiting on the best moment of the day (mostly at the end of the day and the I cancel because I'm tired). I just do the things I want or need to do! And as I said, at the end of the day I can give myself a little present in the form of a Belgian beer and a good soccer match (tonight is Ajax). I always think you have to have something enjoyable in perspective, then you work much harder! And you are a happy man / or woman for my female readers!

Rate My Monday

I also start this week with rating my days. Yesterday was a good day with exercising and being social, although I didn't had the time to do data science I rate my day as a 7.5 out of 10. Things to improve are... learning and reading some more, but I just didn't had the time! Oh and I stop with intermittent fasting. My energy levels are really down when I do that and I didn't eat less or anything. I still don't eat much in the morning, but when I go and play tennis I want to eat at least a banana.

Goals

Goals M T W T F S S
Healthy Eating V - - - - - -
Exercise V - - - - - -
Data Science (3 hours of deep work) X - - - - - -
Reading X - - - - - -
Minimalist Lifestyle V - - - - - -
Fun Goals (writing etc.) X - - - - - -
Morning Start V - - - - - -
Social Goals V - - - - - -
Rating 7.5 - - - - - -

Originally posted here: https://steemit.com/blog/@healthminimalist/my-day-018-monday-just-do-it

No comments:

Post a Comment