Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Water fasting for dummies day 1

https://cdn.steemitimages.com/DQmNMSyc1hMqCLNDTYmkdh2DpEMmEzAAC8jWcSRhuRcLzdj/image.png
I'm an expert when it comes to being very inconsistent with efforts spent toward pretty much anything. I've probably planned to do some version of an extended fast to extract all of those incredible benefits time and time again.

At peak discipline, I've managed about 7 days without food. If you knew me in person the number has ranged from 7 - 10 depending on how insecure I'm feeling that day. It's a pretty typical thing for me to trick myself into believing that I've put more effort into something than what reality actually reflect. I'm going for 30 days without food starting today, August 21st, 2019 with my finish line being September 20th, 2019; that'll be about 3 a.m. because of my last "midnight" snack. My obsession with water fasting brings me to this idea basically every other month. I'm fascinated by people who are able to push themselves in any capacity. https://cdn.steemitimages.com/DQmfL9irehftpNeU4LNZj3i2WqJUS8fuYatGu43UUEDaTji/image.png https://cdn.steemitimages.com/DQmQf2ZA8vuGMDrJfFuE28TUWPurpC2E7rUxWdfxFqk7AL1/image.png https://cdn.steemitimages.com/DQmVgHQyNWGb3qbaA5J4jFFes6jfzdEBKwX51kk6r7fEkoM/image.png I feel it's a challenging way to increase the intensity of life and give the practitioner a healthy dose of perspective. There's plenty of research out there as to why someone would or should give it a try. I'm going to start cataloging this on here as I go through this; if I go through with this. The problem is I always give in to impulsive behaviors. I love me some tobacco, caffeine, masturbating, drinking, drugs, sex, video games, quitting a job, starting and stopping books, developing skills over short periods of time and then losing interest in them, exercising way too hard and then quitting, researching the meaning of life, pulling into the nearest McDonalds... ...I think I've made my point. My breaking point is almost always the same; I will stop at about the point when I start to feel like I've got a REALLY GOOD EXCUSE to quit. Let me lay out some examples: - I've got a work function (when I'm working) and it feels impolite to abstain from eating. - When I have surprise visitors who want to go grab a bite and I don't want to expose my narcissistic tendency too much talking about my newest craze incessantly. - At one of my kid's school functions and I don't want to be THAT guy who is too good for the food they serve my kid. - At a funeral or wake (it happens) of a buddy who passed from INVOLUNTARY starvation (It probably happens). -

It's not an exciting life being a slave to your desires and impulses, nor is it exciting to be hyper-aware that the grooves in your mind have been carved out to cater to a want to find external influence as being the cause of all of the faults one's got. I've probably some more pressing items to tend to now.
Originally posted here: https://steemit.com/fasting/@constantini/water-fasting-for-dummies-day-1

No comments:

Post a Comment