Sunday, May 10, 2020

COVID - People have started eating healthy

https://files.peakd.com/file/peakd-hive/bala41288/77dWR2EA-image.png
Today I was having a nice conversation with one of my office colleagues. We were talking about many topics and one interesting topic that came up was the food. We were discussing how we used to go out to nearby shops in the office to grab some snacks and street foods. Now that we are missing all those things, I realized that it is not just me who is like that but everyone who is locked down in their houses. Chennai is one of the places where the virus is spreading at a rapid rate. Every day we get around 100 new people who are being affected by the virus.

image.png

[Source](https://pixabay.com/illustrations/self-sufficiency-prepper-5048188/) I would say that COVID lockdown is definitely helping in one way where people don't roam outside and stay in their house eating home food. There are options available where we can order Pizza from some of the outlets nearby but people prefer to cook inside the house and have that food instead. In my case, I don't cook but my wife and mother are taking care of that. This doesn't make any big difference for me because I rarely eat outside food. Even when I go with friends, I let them eat and I will have juice or something. So, this is not making any big difference for me in terms of outside food. I will not say that all outside food items are unhealthy and all homemade food items are healthy items. It is absolutely our choice to cook food items that are healthy and have them. There are people who try to cover up with salads and other soft items if they go for outside food items. So either way, it is the choice of food and not the source from where we get that food.

image.png

[Source](https://pixabay.com/photos/soup-vegetables-pot-cooking-food-1006694/) In my place, there is a panic situation circling around saying that people who are non-vegetarians are likely to get the virus more compared to people who are vegetarians. I don't know to what extent this can be true. They also give some references to some doctors from the World Health Organization. I'm not going to comment more on that without knowing the exact fact and it is also impossible to be so sure about it. I would like to say something that if we have good immunity in the body we can resist the virus to some extent and that is one of the reasons why they say the virus is not affecting the kids so much.

image.png

[Source](https://pixabay.com/photos/woman-kitchen-man-everyday-life-1979272/) In order to stay healthy and immune, a good balanced diet is also important. For people who stay alone, it can be quite challenging to cook and eat every single day because they might have been used to getting food from outside. But some of my friends who stay in the hostel say that this lockdown has given them a good opportunity to cook their own food and they also eat healthy food now. For people who stay with the family, cooking can be one good activity to get along with the family. Posted via [neoxian.city](https://www.neoxian.city/@bala41288/covid-people-have-started-eating-healthy) | The City of Neoxian
Originally posted here: https://hive.blog/hive-177682/@bala41288/covid-people-have-started-eating-healthy

No comments:

Post a Comment