Friday, July 9, 2021

How SUGAR may have destroyed my life....

https://images.hive.blog/p/3RTd4iuWD6NUeJEn5AVrJUoyatFqBqfcCJi1N7UixR4g2KPKN7w8NpZL7aa1f3n9t1irAsHnrpMyvPz9GwtH2DQvdoKCLNt49woxejQYaj1dQRBpm5VxAicVWBZmoEuHEpXcKEXqb6KgCAZCmiaQ4uZGiBexU3Yf7H5nwyQtDNP3f4?format=match&mode=fit

I've never been able to gain weight. A lot of people think that's a good thing, but I've become more and more suspicious of this just being a case of a fast metabolism....I've started to realize that my body has been out of balance since I was 7 or 8 years old.

My father used to buy packaged things in bulk. Among the things he bought in bulk were cookies. He hid most of them so we wouldn't be able to eat them all right away. I think he really had no idea how many boxes he bought, and so when I found his pathetically obvious hiding place, I am not even sure he noticed.

I also grew up in America where Coca Cola is sold at school. Do you think I drank water? With my sugar addiction already in full force, of course I drank whatever soda I could afford, and that stuff is packed with sugar and just about nothing else.

And so the habit continued. I graduated and found myself snacking on kit-kats and nestle's crunch bars, and later when I came to Japan I started drinking coffee, with milk and sugar of course, milk tea, ice cream, all the new snacks I had at my fingertips. I quit soda, but I sure seemed to make up for it.

pexels-pixabay-258330.jpg

I'm in my mid-30's and I still can't gain weight...or muscle....I lost my hair, and my back problems always come back even when I take care of them....I started to realize that perhaps I was sick, and that's why I couldn't gain weight. Luckily I have an attitude where I learn whatever I need to become better, and so I started researching diets according to both TCM and western medicine.

About a year or two ago I came to the conclusion that I may have a light gluten allergy. When I was young, I always felt awful eating breakfast, and what was for breakfast every day? Waffles, toast, bread of some sort. OK

But two or three weeks without gluten didn't seem to change much.

I recently read that sugar is usually processed before the colon but too much will cause it to reach the colon where it overwhelms digestion. It can also cause the growth of bacteria that create toxins and make it harder for the body to absorb nutrients.

Now I'm starting to get a more full picture. My body has been starved of nutrients for years now, no wonder I'm falling apart.

I've tried a low sugar diet a few times already and had some success but because Japan loves these seasonal ice creams and candies, mint flavor, coffee flavor, matcha flavor chocolates....I can hardly resist. Except now I know how much it's messing me up, and so screw that. No more mint ice cream, no more matcha latte with sugar, no more quitting for 2 weeks only to be sucked back in.

I'm going to do a full month with almost no sugar except for fruit, honey, and dressing (all used sparingly). I've also made coix seed tea, pumpkin, yogurt and nuts part of my regular diet (to aid digestion) and I'll be increasing probiotics. I'm not cutting out gluten entirely but I'm going to limit it to twice a week, opting instead for rice, rice-noodles, and buckwheat noodles.

I won't be cutting any of the bad ingredients off entirely, but I want to end all the major sources of sugar and gluten. Last time I tried something like this, I didn't notice a huge different right away, but I started to crave fatty meat a lot more. I take that as a sign that my body's biodiversity was starting to change.

The main goal is to be able to finish meals without craving sweets afterwards. I feel those cravings aren't my own but some sinister overgrowth of bacteria in my gut.

At this rate, I'm going to die young....death by cookies and milk tea. Give me a break. Not going to happen. I will fix this.

I don't think this will fix all my back problems, but along with the new stretches and massage techniques I'm learning I see the potential for some big improvements.

🌎🌎🌎🌎🌎🌎🌎🌎🌎🌎🌎🌎🌎

I am promoting my YouTube channel in an attempt to find more great people to connect with and to bridge to this great community. A thumbs up and follow would be of great help, and if you like this post, you’ll surely like what I share there:


Confessions of the Damaged - Out Now!

Confessions_of_the_Damaged_1.1_cover_final.png

🎬Self Help For Trolls

🎸I + Everything

πŸ“• Confessions of the Damaged OUT NOW :-)

F4CD1B1ECCD442A1B52D9F956DCA8A5B.gif

Come join us in Hive Cross Culture where we talk and share ideas about Culture, language and travel and share any bilingual content. Join our discord

We also have a @crossculture account curating bilingual posts and running contests to support local communities. If you like what we do, please consider delegating to @crossculture or follow our trail πŸ™‚

🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱

I'm also getting much more involved with Natural Medicine, Hoping to help them connect and reward autonomous and conscious communities around the world.

Consider buying the LOTUS token at leofinance.io 's LeoDex or posting at naturalmedicine.io where you can browse posts about healthy lifestyles, spirituality, farming, yoga, psychedelics, healing techniques and more. All your posts will automatically appear at the Natural Medicine community at Hive and you can earn LOTUS and HIVE.

Help us spread the word by liking and sharing posts by Natural Medicine on Twitter and Instagram

ErqYbnvU0AMeaO_.jfif


Originally posted here: https://hive.blog/hive-181017/@selfhelp4trolls/how-sugar-may-have-destroyed-my-life

No comments:

Post a Comment