Sunday, July 18, 2021

Night Run: My first run in years! 2.26km

https://images.hive.blog/p/mXkfdToSwHyBdpnEtgpMRUsbjcL2MmAgxit6sfCZeBeuT71eMPzsYdXXCzeddbi9hHPysGeKSLJQSPdvg23L1tx5JA2dH6cCc5TfHbjNn.png?format=match&mode=fit

I just finished a 2.507km running that lasted about 0hh:21mm:21ss !

image

Good Afternoon everyone.

So you might be A little confused by the title "first run in years" well in my school days a few years a go I guess you could say I exercised a lot as I played a ton of sports since then I lost friends and my exercising went out the window.

I still walked daily and often hit 5km A day but that was really the only exercise I was doing.

Until Midnight and overnight hours on this Sunday morning.

I decided that I want to go for A run and man it was the toughest run ever I wasn't prepared at all.

My first mistake was poor Hydration I didn't drink anything for 2 hours prior to running I assumed the 1.5 litres of water I consumed throughout the day would have got me through but I was wrong and 30 seconds in was struggling with that dry chest and dry throat feeling, it was midnight so the shops I passed were closed so popping in to buy a drink was not an option and I decided to fight through it.

My run turned into A 30 second run followed by a 30 second walk and I repeated that pretty much all the way just because it was such A challenge either I am super un fit or I hydrated poorly.

Upon waking up this morning I had lots of cramping in my thighs, didn't think I would get cramps that bad but it happens I guess.

I plan to go on another run tonight probably again around midnight this time I will be sure to hydrate myself better than I did.

I am currently googling some healthy snack bars but nature valley and brands like that are surprisingly high in sugar, I think I am better off with A bowl of Muesli 2-3 hours before my run haha.

Thanks for reading all.

image
image

Check out some detailed info at my EXHAUST page
Join me in testing out EXHAUST!


Originally posted here: https://hive.blog/hive-176853/@chris-uk/xhst-activity-1626611128

No comments:

Post a Comment