Wednesday, March 31, 2021

The Best Way to Deal With Stress is to Go on The Offensive

https://files.peakd.com/file/peakd-hive/samrisso/23wC7Z8vpCyXzbYrCG2gCDBSxReVDXQ1stkzXRuEqQ1d1XoSYoWQUXGmYZavG57skgfLx.png

Screenshot 2021-03-31 at 12.35.37 PM.png

Yesterday we talked about different ways that help us deal with our stress.⁠ ⁠ Handling stress in a healthy way is very important but I prefer a more offensive approach.⁠ ⁠ Here is how I deal with stress:⁠ ⁠ First, I find the main cause of what’s stressing me out. ⁠ ⁠ For example, I would come home every day from work at 8pm STARVING because I never planned my day accordingly. ⁠ ⁠ I would go the whole day without eating just to come home and debate with my family, for hours about what we wanted to eat that night. Then I would always have to spend the extra $2 to get Uber Eats Express and wait until the food was delivered. ⁠ ⁠ It got to the point that most of my time spent with my family was us talking about what we wanted to eat instead of spending quality time together.⁠ ⁠ This was not a valuable use of time or energy. And it caused something called Decision Fatigue. It also took value away from when we would actually go out to dinner. ⁠ ⁠ The solution that we came up with was to have breakfast, lunch, and dinner Monday through Friday planned out for us.⁠ ⁠ Not only did it take the guess work out of “What’s for Dinner?” but it also has provided me with healthier dietary habits. ⁠ ⁠ By eliminating the stress of “What’s for Dinner?” it leaves me with more ability to handle the REAL SHIT that needs my utmost attention. ⁠ ⁠ To offensively handle stress in your life you should follow these 3 steps:⁠ 1. Figure out the CAUSE of your stress⁠ 2. Determine if it’s a valuable use of TIME and ENERGY⁠ 3. If the answer is NO, find a SOLUTION to eliminate the stressor⁠. Once you’ve followed these 3 steps you should be able to realize that you now have more time and energy in your life to handle the things that actually matter. What are some day to day things that stress you out?⁠ #
▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂
Please visit my Instagram or my TikTok

Originally posted here: https://hive.blog/gem/@samrisso/the-best-way-to-deal-with-stress-is-to-go-on-the-offensive

No comments:

Post a Comment