Tuesday, March 30, 2021

How Do You Deal With Stress?

https://files.peakd.com/file/peakd-hive/samrisso/23wMewzw87X3TqwWGfzBogvnCexcP6rukN461tWp1ApwUc6NiAex3F3zKpmfWn5MgF6EY.png

Screenshot 2021-03-30 at 8.04.57 PM.png

#
Everyone handles stress differently.
Some people run from it, others see stressful situations as a challenge. We all have different levels of stress at which we can still function well. You can compare it to how people have different levels of “pain tolerance”. The pressure can be crippling for some, while others just figure out how to keep putting one foot in front of the other. In my case I tend to do well in crisis, I will internalize stress to the point where generally people assume that I must be immune or indifferent to it. The reality is that I actually prefer some stress (or pressure). It’s one of my biggest motivators. That probably comes from years of drug use, criminal activities, and years in prison. It’s a comforting place for me sadly. You could say more stress = greater productivity and oftentimes greater inspiration. The problem with stress and crisis is that it can cause many bad habits and bad choices. Addictions seem to begin as “coping mechanisms” to escape stress and crisis. #trauma I tend not to sleep as much or as well. I smoke too many cigarettes and drink coffee all day. I tend to not eat very well either. If I’m not careful, my priorities become distorted which can cause me to compromise my decisions and actions. It’s important to find healthy ways to handle stress and it’s important to identify and avoid the unhealthy ways to handle stress. I have decided to start sharing with you the different ways I have been Attempting to handle stressors in my life so I can operate. Check out my post later this week for my ways to handle stress. But for now, I’m curious, how do you handle stress? ##
▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂
Please visit my Instagram or my TikTok

Originally posted here: https://hive.blog/gem/@samrisso/how-do-you-deal-with-stress

No comments:

Post a Comment