Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Moderation and balance - My struggle with booze.

https://files.steempeak.com/file/steempeak/leguna/JlpvafQX-image.png

image.png

I want to be better. I'm aiming to improve, and to change in the right directions. ***I'm looking to drink less booze***, and maybe **more** coffee to motivate. To spend more time on yoga and my honey do list and less on laziness. More time online researching investments and less on social media. I should do more things with the kiddos, maybe trying to get into those tabletop games with them. I think this December is a good time to try and be better than I have been. Ain't looking yet to quit any bad habits entirely, but I wanna moderate some things and get closer to balance in my routine. I hate to say it, but I need more structure, and should self impose. I'm thinking of actually getting a daily planner. That's when you know it's serious. Drinking was affecting my social life, work life, and mental health. I had to cut waaaaaay back to get my life on track and it wasn't easy. I found just adding healthy things at first with out actually taking things away intentionally helped me make smarter choices when there was an option. For example, if I have a salad with my lunch and do a yoga session in the morning, I'm more likely to grab water or tea in the afternoon instead of mixing a cocktail because I don't want to undo what I did. I'm not telling myself I'm not allowed to have cocktails in this instance. And most of the time that I do want to grab a drink, I sit with myself for a little bit first now and examine what is happening in my body. There is normally the same feeling behind it and it is some combination of anxiety and frustration. When I find that is the driving force, I try to find other ways to deal with it now.
Originally posted here: https://hive.blog/health/@leguna/moderation-and-balance-my-struggle-with-booze

No comments:

Post a Comment