Tuesday, May 5, 2020

ONE DAY FACING COVID-19 - COMMUNITY NURSE - Part 2

https://cdn.steemitimages.com/DQmVnXfGwZMg8dtmNihdZq11cQX4koQkpKA2NiuVedhZa7H/20200429_073616_0000.png
#
I AM @yann0975 funder of @cleanplanet but community nurse before
🌍

20200429_073616_0000.png

#
**PART 2**
# Staying healthy > Of course, the objective of my profession is to preserve the health of one's fellow man, to enable him to maintain or improve his own health. So every day is a challenge. Getting up in the morning with such a goal is very motivating. Being filled with such rewarding responsibilities is motivating. My job, which is as exciting as it is confusing or even hopeless, is motivating. This is a critical time. Every day is special, unusual. I have to prepare myself to face an invisible virus... How do I not break the rules of good distancing, not touch what is around me and most importantly, not bring the virus back to me. Complicated... # The day begins - 6:15 am I'm taking the car out of the garage. The weather is gloomy today. It's raining at the beginning of May. I make a face. It's not a demotivating factor. My objective is elsewhere. The road is deserted. I'm almost alone this morning.

20200502_083759.jpg

- 6:35 am Here I am in front of the first house. First protective measure that certainly can save my life... or at least prevent a rapid and almost inevitable contamination... # Put the FFP2 mask on my face... ...which I'm going to keep now for four hours without touching him... I take 2 bottles of hydro-alcoholic solution with me to make sure I always have one close by... and my first obsession will be to keep my hands free of covid-19.

20200502_110235.jpg

- 6:40 am First home visit. I come to make sure my patient is doing well and I need to control and balance her diabetes. My goal is to control her blood sugar level and inject a volume of International Units of Insulin (slow and fast) and then give her medication that she cannot manage on her own. CONTACT: "Hello Ma'am! How are you this morning? Sleep well?" Once the conversation begins. I am already in my care. I wash my hands before touching anything... I just touched the common front doorknob... the hallway light switch... the personal doorknob... **as many surfaces that could contain this covid-19 virus that someone else planted...** I take care of each other and I take care of myself, I wash my hands. - 6:55 am Before getting into my car... I just touched the door handles and switches, so I rub my hands with hydro-alcoholic solution. I'm on my way to the next patient-- The town is deserted

20200502_073019.jpg

Yes, it's quite early... but it's also a time of containment. Containment? Yes, it's... everyone stays home... #Stayhome #Confinedtogether All these hashtag that bloom on social networks or on television are a nice awareness of the population.

20200502_073218.jpg

The nursing care I have to do is the same... a significant number of people have Diabetes and have neither the ability nor the courage to treat themselves. - First downside of the day: I just climbed up some stairs and my breathing got faster. The mask limits the flow of inhaled and exhaled air. It's an accessory that I used to use since I worked for 3 years in an operating theatre. But today, I am no longer static... I move, I walk fast, I go up and down stairs... I get out of breath. But that's not the most unpleasant part... since I have enough air... It takes a while to adjust in the morning... not to breathe through the mouth... the exhaled air is unpleasant. My exhaled air is unpleasant... It's warm... You don't think about it but this exhaled air is not expelled away from my face... it is trapped in the mask I wear. It is expelled but the warmth felt is there, it is unusual of what we have known since we were born. We are used to the coolness of the ambient air often below our body temperature ... well, no ... this exhalation is hot, at 37.5 degrees. It's not serious, you may say... it's not my point... just an unpleasant detail. - 9:30 a.m. Patients and care have been chained together. I have to be at 20 hand washes and more than 20 disinfections with a hydro-alcoholic solution. My hands are already attacked and dry... the skin is cracking from day to day.

20200502_093346.jpg

Despite moisturizing with cream... the skin of caregivers is under stress all day long. Collateral inconveniences... but so unavoidable at this time of year. I've just come from a distraught patient. His wife was hospitalized yesterday for heart failure and left him alone. He's 90 years old. He's disturbed by this lack, this change in his habits and is also in the early stages of senility. Reassuring, accompanying is not easy. To take care of him as a nurse, to take care of the person in a global way but also to go out of his field of competence to enter in the social accompaniment... such is my action. Accompanying the daily gestures of the person to bring him comfort... it's rewarding. Feeling that you are losing her confidence in you despite her despair... it's rewarding. Getting someone's heart out of someone's chest by saying I was helpful... it's rewarding. I wish you continued good health To be followed perhaps > @yann0975
Originally posted here: https://hive.blog/ocd/@yann0975/one-day-facing-covid-19-community-nurse-part-2

No comments:

Post a Comment