Tuesday, January 21, 2020

The road to 184 lbs

https://d1vof77qrk4l5q.cloudfront.net/img/7b1ee47b69afc9b408cf7c8d65c43a5de45a617d.jpg

I was afraid to jump on the scale throughout the holidays. All I knew was that walking upstairs felt strenuous.. I've been not exercising regularly for far too long and I'm over being overweight... I've basically not had any beer or booze this month and have been eating one meal a day with some snacks to get me through the day. Cut way back on sugary drinks although I need to only drink water for a spell. Yesterday I did some basic warm up stuff and then played disc golf for an hour, a pretty light workout..Today I ramped it up and after an afternoon of painting a bedroom I hit the court and played basketball for 30 minutes. I then did 15 minutes of cardio and resistance training.. I ate chicken rice for lunch and a whole grain potato salad sandwich for dinner. Not the healthiest choice but it was good.. I stepped on the scale today and weighed 208lbs or about 95 kilos. I'm 6 foot even so my optimum weight is 184 lbs.. I need to shed roughly 25lbs or 11-12 kilos. I am hoping the more mindful diet and daily activities will get me where I want to be. This isn't a new year resolution thing really it's more of a midlife crisis and hating feeling like 10lb sack of shit in a 5lb bag. There will be no pictures until I've made some progress.. You can dig through my posts for POB proof of boob! No gyms, no trainers, none of that shit.. Just going to do what needs to be done to feel healthy and not struggle to put socks on my feet lol.. Posted using [Partiko Android](https://partiko.app/referral/skramatters)
Originally posted here: https://steemit.com/health/@skramatters/the-road-to-184-lbs-asxev4sr

No comments:

Post a Comment