Monday, January 20, 2020

Just Another Mindful Monday - That's My Fun Day. As is my Sunday and Any Other ( if I can ) Day

https://cdn.steemitimages.com/DQmUVQoXNfNZi4WUxmf1uniVRsUXpmRA94E8YgRx1s4EVCg/IMG_3365.JPG

IMG_3365.JPG

#### Today has been a day of introspection, listening to podcasts on leveling up and to some relaxing music. I read some chapters in a book called 'Unencumbered by Baggage', hiked and rested in nature ( where I also listened to a podcast episode ). I prepared and ate healthy food ( aside from four chocolate cookies ) and drank loads of lemon ginger tea. Thank you for all the awesome groceries, Twi(nsi)ster!
**I also meditated.** https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/627067767836901376/646589397403172874/0K54aowS-smallheartlotus.png Talking about the latter... I reached day 11 out of 21 of the Abundance ( meditation ) challenge. This awesome initiative, started and guided by Deepak Chopra, is being shared in the Mindful Life Discord channel. There we have our own personal host, the amazing @plantstoplanks Thank you so much! I am partaking in this challenge for the second time since October. I can't get enough of abundance. Today's centering thought was: "I expect and accept Abundance to Flow Easily to Me" The meditation mantra to return to during the meditation when the mind was drifting off was: "My Actions Achieve Maximal Benefit with Minimal Effort" I must say that I'm usually doing so many things and soaking up so much knowledge every single day - today included - that I forget to keep the centering thought in mind. Nevertheless, I believe that it's stored somewhere and that it's just a matter of repeating these kind of messages again and again, engraving them into my brain. They are usually somewhat similar, so the seed is planted and the muscle tree is slowly growing stronger. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/627067767836901376/646589397403172874/0K54aowS-smallheartlotus.png **Finding Your / My Purpose** One podcast I listened to today talked about finding your 'Dharma', your purpose. A thought that keeps returning to me lately is that I feel like my purpose might be to get kids in touch with mindfulness but not necessarily as a mindfulness teacher, probably through stories / books. So what I will aim to do, from now on ( I mentioned this once or twice before ), is to find a way to distill my 90 pages of NaNoWriMo writing - *( The Story of ) Hypersensitivosaurus* - into a story or a number of stories suitable for kids. Although I plan to make mindfulness one of the main messages, my main objective is to tell a fun and memorable story. A story that is fun to read ( for both parents and young kids ) and to listen to several times. I will probably visit The Netherlands in about a month's time and realized, today, that it would be cool to have some kind of test version / early edition of my book ready by then. All my Dutch friends have young kids and I have two nephews living there. It would be fun to find out how they like the story / the concept and to use the feedback I receive from both kids and their parents to make the final version of the book. I will make sure to mainly check the kids' responses though ;>) **That's all folks!** Much love and overall good vibes from Portugal!

IMG_3364.JPG

Both pictures were taken today, by me, with an iPhone 6s, in Monte Frio, Portugal https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/627067767836901376/660561763883941902/Adobe_Post_20191228_0620060.6335896076971391.gif
Originally posted here: https://steemit.com/hive-120078/@vincentnijman/just-another-mindful-monday-that-s-my-fun-day-as-is-my-sunday-and-any-other-if-i-can-day

No comments:

Post a Comment