Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Intermittent Fasting Week 3 Completed Adjusting and Struggling

https://images.hive.blog/DQmearyk5TZxFZ6ryctePPDiEMVi58V6uQ4UovwrTCh1Bpz/image.png
The previous week, I mentioned about how I lost pounds, some lesson I learned and introducing you to my intermittent fasting partner, my sleeping issues and also what I learned about food choices. This week, I am dealing with different issues and this post will be talking about it.

image.png

Last week, I talked about my accountable partner, @silversaver888 and showed you some of the food I ate during the intermittent fasting. It was the week when I felt like I managed to conquered everything. However, I did mention about my sleeping pattern which was a huge issue during this journey. # This week has been the most challenging week I have ever felt From the last couple of days, I have been sick. I get cold and flu which made it harder to fast and my acid reflux was flaring up. I also started to eat so randomly again. There are days when I don't even eat anything and there are days where I eat a bit excessively. As you can see below these are some of my menu during 3 days of my fast.

image.png

Not to mention, my habit of tracking the food I ate started to fall apart because I didn't start the break fasting right. It is normally easier for me to track everything I eat when I have an oatmeal as breakfast with a cup of coffee. Since I established a new schedule, I decided it's time for me to change my eating pattern too. I still follow the 16 fast 8 hour window but having to wake up at 4 AM, I felt like I get hungrier at around 9 AM. Thus, I decided to switch it from 12 to 8 into 9 AM to 4 PM as I go to bed by 7 PM. ### Did you lose any weight? I have no idea because the scale at my place is broken and I have yet to get a new replacement. I am not proud of myself this week but I can do better. The most important thing about this week is that I started adding 30 minutes brisk walking daily and 10 minutes stretch. I also avoid food and beverages that may trigger my acid reflux including green tea and also lemon water.

So basically, I have learned my lesson as I mentioned in the last week. However, this week, I hope to adjust with my new schedule and be back on the loop starting today by eating a balanced meal like I used to. I might add some new menus as in toast and egg instead rice and egg. It is definitely challenging especially when I try to eat within a budget that does not allow me to eat healthy at all. So, we will see next week and how it goes. I hope that I can find solution to healthy meal while doing grocery shopping. Maybe, going to traditional market instead a convenient supermarket. You can find my previous journey here : [Intermittent Fasting Journey Week 1 completed](https://peakd.com/hive-174578/@macchiata/intermittent-fasting-journey-week-1) [Intermittent Fasting Journey Week 2 completed](https://peakd.com/health/@macchiata/intermittent-fasting-week-2-completed-losing-6-pounds) ~ Mac
Originally posted here: https://hive.blog/hive-123046/@macchiata/intermittent-fasting-week-3-completed

No comments:

Post a Comment