Wednesday, September 9, 2020

4 Cheers For Wellness

https://files.peakd.com/file/peakd-hive/bonnierroberts/6XiREsA4-exercise20-20Copy.jpg


Hey! I've been on the journey towards good health since... well...since I was born. I was born with a brain issue and had to have plastic surgery on my forehead. That's the reason for the scar on my forehead. As I've mentioned before, I have Cerebral Palsy as well which is caused by the brain issue. As a young girl, I struggled with walking, speaking, and eating healthy. Kids want fruit snacks, juice, cereal etc... and I just couldnt have that because by the time I was in the 4th grade I was 150lbs! It was mostly not walking that made me tip the scale. I hated walking. Walking with a walker, a brace, and hearing someone tell me to pick my foot up more because I didnt have strength in the ankle bend it up so my foot doesnt drag. My heaviest weight was 320lbs and I had moved in with my grandpa after my grandma died(along with cousin, aunt, and uncle) who pretty much stayed there 24/7 in a small 3 bedroom trailer home. It was a stressful mess and my grandpa insisted on having 7 course meals everynight. Like I said... it was a mess. I've lost up to 105lbs in high school because of my physical ed teacher for 2 years and he introduced me to tennis. I played 1-to-1 with him the whole 2 years and had a blast, then he left and the regular pe teachers werent as cool. We played basketball EVERYDAY the next 2 years... boring.. because im 4"7' and short white girls who cant jump... i mean come on!!! lol Anyways, its been difficult times of up and down yo-yo exercise and I got tired of it! So im walking everyday and eating healthy... and making sure my body is healthy. ๐ˆ๐ญ'๐ฌ ๐–๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ง๐ž๐ฌ๐ฌ ๐–๐ž๐๐ง๐ž๐ฌ๐๐š๐ฒ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ˆ ๐ฐ๐š๐ง๐ญ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐Ÿ’ ๐ญ๐ข๐ฉ๐ฌ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐ž๐š๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ก๐ž๐š๐ฅ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ž๐ซ: 1. Pre-make meals ๐Ÿฒ and snacks so you stay away ๐Ÿ™…‍♀️ from fast food or junk. 2. Spice things up! ๐Ÿง„ Use spices and herbs to make foods, like salads ๐Ÿฅ— and vegetables, more satisfying ๐Ÿ˜‹. 3. Grab veggies๐Ÿฅฆ, fruits ๐ŸŽ, and other foods ๐Ÿฅ™ from the outer rows at the store. No need to go into the midle of the store(middle = processed foods, no bueno) 4. Say no ❌ to low fat. Those foods may be lower in fat, but overloaded with salt or sugar to make up for the fat. With these tips, we'll all be living longer, happier lives! Enjoy the rest of your week!

exercise Copy.jpg

Bonnie Roberts

Originally posted here: https://hive.blog/ctp/@bonnierroberts/4-cheers-for-wellness

No comments:

Post a Comment