Tuesday, January 5, 2021

It's Been a Fairly HAPPY and HEALTHY Tuesday...

http://ifttt.com/images/no_image_card.png
Actually, most days are happy ones for me - *these days*; I don't know exactly why, but suspect it has something to do with increased senility. My *basement* workout went really well. It was *bench press* day for chest and I did something a little different to start off... I performed six sets of *squats* first. Weird... Right...???
https://files.peakd.com/file/peakd-hive/angryman/vnLNihA9-image.png
Yet, not so weird once you think about the potential benefit of mixing things up to keep workouts *interesting*, as well as SHOCKING the body into increased growth, while forced to adapt😠 Changing things up with the order, frequency and other factors was once a well known principle in bodybuilding circles. These days, I rarely hear anyone speaking about it though. It's a pretty easy to understand theory, which seems to work, What you do is, every-now-and-then... go into the gym -*say*, on back and bicep day, then totally f*ck the mind up of well prepared muscle cells, by doing something different. Our body becomes accustomed to whatever we throw at it on a daily basis in an effort to adjust to the demands we place upon it. This is a *good* thing in some ways, but *not* so good in other ways... It's good that your back muscles will grow bigger and stronger (should you want that) through performing a certain exercise properly, with a certain weight, rep and set range.
https://files.peakd.com/file/peakd-hive/angryman/xjfejLpK-image.png
If you continue to use the same exercise, with the same weight, reps and sets, workout after workout... you *stop* getting the same results down the road... The common method of overcoming or avoiding *staleness* in weight training, is to increase the *intensity* of a movement in any way which makes the muscle or muscle-group work harder than previously. So... By 'me' kicking in a bunch of squats before training chest, caused my pecs to scream, "STOP... What are you CRAZY...?!?!?" "How do you expect us to move the kind of weight we're accustomed to, if you burned yourself out with *squats* first...?!?!?!?" My *ticker* was complaining too. My heart kept *begging* me to stop taxing it with *bench presses* after wearing it out on leg-work. I refused to relent and pushed on, without mercy; forcing my body to *adapt* as it prepared itself in anticipation of future engagements, by growing *stronger* during recuperation😖 This method of training on occasion, will *always* reap benefits, unless it *kills* you. On my *next* chest workout day, I expect my bench-press to be *up* at least a few pounds, due to my pecs having healed *stronger*. That about explains the most rewarding part of my *happy* day. I'll come back later and *edit* this post, if I think of anything else to grace the pages of *Hive* from @Peakd. Till then, my friends... Try to stay healthy and happy. ***Ciao***
https://files.peakd.com/file/peakd-hive/eve66/vAdtEOAs-love4.png

@AngryMan

Founder- Free Speech Community
(https://peakd.com/c/hive-168088/created)


Images: Pixabay.com
Originally posted here: https://hive.blog/hive-120078/@angryman/it-s-been-a-fairly-happy-and-healthy-tuesday

No comments:

Post a Comment