Monday, January 25, 2021

Sleep pattern changing, is it the Menopause. 💤😪😴 I can't get enough.

https://files.peakd.com/file/peakd-hive/karenb54/Wa6NoSLZ-Yawn.jpg
I have noticed over the last few weeks my sleeping pattern has changed a lot. I used to go to bed around 9.30pm taking the dogs with me, we would go to bed, hubby would finish his film he was watching then watch the news then come to bed. He would always find me awake and still awake at 3am. Now I am going to bed at 9,30pm within half an hour I can't keep my eyes open, hubby finds me sound asleep when he comes to bed but then I am wide awake at 2am watching TikToks then not being able to sleep again until around 7am. I thought this change had something to do with me going through the Menopause but not sure. May have to talk to a Doctor.

Yawn.jpg

Whilst doing some research on the Internet I cam across this from: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/319425#:~:text=A%20monophasic%20sleep%20pattern%20is,of%20time%20throughout%20the%20day. **Fast facts on biphasic and polyphasic sleep:** *A person’s internal circadian rhythm is responsible for their sleep-wake cycle. A monophasic sleep pattern is when an individual sleeps once per day, typically for 8 or so hours a night. A biphasic sleep pattern is when someone sleeps twice per day, sometimes referred to as a siesta sleeping pattern. A polyphasic sleep pattern is when a person sleeps for periods of time throughout the day.* There is a name for my sleeping, Polyphasic, I definitely need more than one sleep a day, this is another symptom of Fibromylagia. I went to bed last night feeling OK, I was going to play my last half of Bingo which would have lasted an hour but had to turn it off as my eyes were so heavy, I have never had to do this before, Its strange not being awake when hubby comes to bed. Waking up in the early hours is very strange and annoying, If I was healthy I would get up and do some housework but have to just lay there until I fall asleep plus I don't want to be wandering around the house in case I fall and hurt myself then have to get hubby up who has work to go to. The amount of changes we go through *(especially women).* Getting old is by far the hardest challenge as everything starts going downhill, it effects every part of you and they are not good changes especially the Grey hair. Its 8.30 pm and I can feel my eyes starting to get heavy where as before I would be wide awake. I am hoping this tiredness isn't the start of another problem cos I do not need anymore problems. Time for bed, hopefully will get enough time to catch up on reading a few posts.

hiveblogshare 2.jpg

https://images.hive.blog/0x0/https://files.peakd.com/file/peakd-hive/zord189/a87NvmRY-karenb54.gif

Originally posted here: https://hive.blog/hive-114105/@karenb54/sleep-pattern-changing-is-it-the-menopause-i-can-t-get-enough

No comments:

Post a Comment