Wednesday, May 29, 2019

The "times" they are a changing.... I'm getting faster but not thinner!!

https://cdn.steemitimages.com/DQmS2JajvJyzdrGg2HD8gqEqojRjRRsqi2ZG1wuzT9C5hEQ/Fotolia_140415981_Subscription_Monthly_M.jpg

Fotolia_140415981_Subscription_Monthly_M.jpg

Come gather 'round people wherever you roam, and admit that the waters around you have grown, and accept it that soon You'll be drenched to the bone. If your time to you is worth savin', then you better start swimmin' or you'll sink like a stone, for the times they are a-changin'. (Bob Dylan 1963) I don't know why but I'm feeling very "Dylan" today. Now my times are a changin' but not the times you're probably thinking, but my minutes per mile. I've been pushing hard and had set myself a target of averaging out to 9min15sec per mile, but I'm smashing these runs lately and knocking 30seconds and even a minute per mile off (on times).

IMG_20190529_095011.png

IMG_20190529_095042.png

IMG_20190529_095054.png

My run times from the past few days are very encouraging and are actually driving me to go out more often. Could it be that running is now becoming a habit I'm enjoying?? I don't know if I'd go that far yet, but the competitive nature in me is driving me on to continually beat my previous time, and so far it looks to be working.

images.jpeg

Now I'm not stupid and understand an underlying natural ability will only get me so far. And while drive and determination are a key factor in a healthy lifestyle and improving my running times, regular exercise without a controlled diet won't get me there. If been speaking to a few people and even had a few messages from friends here on Steemit - @o07, @moderndayhippie and @senstless and a few others . Weve talked about a "fasting" diet and the benefits that would come from it. Well after a lot of thinking and personal research, it's time to give it a go. But for now, it's @huw28582 birthday and look at what he brought in:

IMG_20190529_094808.jpg

And unfortunately, when it comes to sweets and chocolates, I'm weak willed.....

IMG_20190529_095157.jpg

Ooops!!! Guess it's 3miles for me today. #worthit

2.png

unknown.png

image.png


Originally posted here: https://steemit.com/fitness/@welshstacker/the-times-they-are-a-changing-i-m-getting-faster-but-not-thinner

No comments:

Post a Comment