Sunday, September 29, 2019

Reaching the level, 'I can't' from 'I don't'- Healthy Lifestyle talk.

https://cdn.steemitimages.com/DQmVCwTA2oU11wHwJ1MLdJ1uqV9fFnWZunGgmEyyBDzvhsD/moritz-mentges-iYPIEGTp2tE-unsplash.jpg

moritz-mentges-iYPIEGTp2tE-unsplash.jpg

[](

moritz-mentges-iYPIEGTp2tE-unsplash.jpg)

We have to approve that all have some bad habits. There is no way you do not get one. You may have a junk food problem, I may have a late-night sleep problem, may struggle to find inspiration and so on. And those are part of our lifestyle. It's not that easy to get rid of them overnight or change any habits or behavior suddenly. It needs time and inspiration. I think the first boundary we have to cross to step forward to live a healthy life is, reaching the level, from 'I can't' to 'I don't'. https://stevekeating.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/i-cant11.gif [](https://stevekeating.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/i-cant11.gif) # Let me explain! When we say “I don’t” we are empowered. It's like we’re determined. We can take our control. We can choose our lifestyle. But when we say “I can’t”, It sounds like we don't have self-control on our life and we are letting any outside forces to fix our life or letting other things to choose what we want. Saying, 'I don't' is a powerful word. Like, I don't take alcohol, I don't have late-night sleep issues and something like this. A lot of people say, I can't, so I don't have an opinion. But, that doesn't actually put you in control in any way. You need to work at not doing things because you need to work at not doing things. It's as simple as that." *Take a habit you want to change to understand this better. The first thing will come up in your mind is how you gonna survive with that or how it will affect your life. And you may probably end up thinking you can't do that. Just take a simple example like 'stay away from unhealthy food.' It's very natural to think that how can we live without pizza or something like that. If you are still in this 'how can' phase, it's time to come out from it. Set your mind to say 'I don't' rather 'I can't.'* We can do anything we want. Just a little bit of will power needed. And saying ourselves 'I can't' may not help us in this journey. Take control of your life and choose what you want. If you want to lose weight don't say 'I can't' lift every day, I can't stop eating this or that. Rather choose to say, I don't eat that food or I don't skip workouts. You will probably gonna see the change in your life. This is basic psychology to stay positive and keep our healthy journey long.
Originally posted here: https://steemit.com/life/@jansher/reaching-the-level-i-can-t-from-i-don-t-healthy-lifestyle-talk

No comments:

Post a Comment