Monday, September 30, 2019

7 Week Health Challenge

http://ifttt.com/images/no_image_card.png
https://johnkarnish.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/silhouette-2512805_640.jpg

What's Going On

I have been meaning to post about what is going on in my life. My ultimate goal is to become a life coach.

There are many areas were I could help people, however there are other areas where I am struggling.

The 7 Week Experiment

I've decided to take 7 weeks to experiment, especially with Keto to get healthier.

On September 16th, I took some inventory to see where I am starting. My blood pressure was 130/87. My heart rate was 101. My weight was 243 and my estimated body fat was 33.4.

I know this isn't great but I have been doing the Keto diet and have lost weight, but on the 16th I decided to get more serious.

What Exactly Is Keto?

Everyone's definition of the Keto diet is different. This is the version I am doing. I focus on eating low carb, leafy green vegetables and healthy fats such as olive oil and coconut oil. I also add a moderate amount of protein.

How I'm Also Working On My Health

I also have been working on getting daily exercise. Although I was focusing on eating better, I was very physically out of shape. I decided to add a little walking 5 days or so a week to start.

Working On My Mental Health

Finally part of the reason my heart rate was so high is that I am drastically out of shape. Another reason is from stress.

I have been dealing with several issues like the passing away of most of my immediate family over the years, dealing with issues of bullying from when I was young, different anxiety issues etc...

So, I also am incorporating meditation, cognitive therapy and other therapeutic approaches to help with my emotional wellness.

Follow Up In November

I will let you know how everything works out in early November.

This is just the start of my adventure to live the best life.



Posted from my blog with SteemPress : https://johnkarnish.com/7-week-health-challenge/

Originally posted here: https://steemit.com/health/@johnkarnish/7weekhealthchallenge-j0qrcuzhwz

No comments:

Post a Comment