Thursday, October 29, 2020

Mango may lower symptoms of constipation

https://images.blurt.buzz/DQmbWnCb8qL3G3tZRnwY2Bmfr35xhXaZGJdRM5d75xA8Xzw/0C094388-BDC3-410A-8F05-C76B4D4E806C.jpeg
I went out to a supermarket last night. I bought some mangos and some other fruits. Mango is one of the fruit I like most. The mango I bought last night named *harum manis*. This variety of mango is from Probolinggo, East Java. The meaning of *Harum manis* is sweet and smell good.

0C094388-BDC3-410A-8F05-C76B4D4E806C.jpeg

We have already known that mango is rich of vitamin C. And vitamin C is an antioxidant that is very good to prevent cancer and other metabolic diseases. I am pretty sure this tropical fruits has many other substances which are benefit for health. When I was in Palembang studying internal medicines, a friend of mine told me that mango has some benefit for preventing and curing her haemorrhoid. Is it true? I am trying to find a clue and evidence about that. Haemorrhoid is close related to constipation. According to a study by [Vinicius at al](https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29733520/), mango is rich of fibre and polyphenol. They did a study for healthy human volunteers with chronic constipation by giving them 300 g mango fruit for 4 weeks. They found a good effect for the constipation. This study showerd the lowering of sign and symptom of the subject’s constipation.

486BD22B-2FA4-4F30-B94E-D8619789152D.jpeg

I think fibre and polyphenol play vital roles for preventing and curing haemorrhoid due to constipation. I may suggest the people or patients who have haemorrhoid to consume mangos everyday.
Originally posted here: https://hive.blog/hive-148441/@razack-pulo/mango-may-lower-symptoms-of-constipation

No comments:

Post a Comment