Thursday, October 22, 2020

DIY: HANDMADE GHEE OIL - A MIRACLE FOR HEALTH AND COOKERY

https://images.hive.blog/DQmX9qeiJ7GHfn3ZVshVcZwQrTi9WX7KQukFuiT68zy4LTJ/image.png
My HiveFamily knows my love to healthy life and food, and now I'd like to share my new experience with you;) Do you know Ghee oil, guys? Here in Russia it's known just as "melted butter", and now it's now widely used. Though early it was extremely popular! My Dad told me that in his childhood his family cooked everything using just this very oil. Wisdom of ancestors! I've heard much about Ghee oil and bought it some times in healthy stores, but it was rather expensive!! about 6-7$ for 200g! Really much because 1kg of butter (it can be made exactly from it) costs nearly the same money. So it's 5 times more expensive! I doubted that I would be able to cook it by myself, so I bought it. But then I tried...and I succeed! as far as I can get it. At least it's the same as I bought in the stores! *So why am I so interested in this oil?*

image.png

Smoke temperature is the indicator at which a particular type of oil begins to smoke. It is impossible to fry food in regular oil at this temperature, as this can provoke the release of free radicals from oxidizing fats, which are dangerous to human health. Ghee oil is recognized as an excellent product for culinary use. It has a very high smoke point, and that's why it's recommend for frying and baking. 1spoon of Ghee oil contains 108 mg of vitamin A! This is approximately 15% of the recommended daily intake. In addition, the product is rich in vitamin E, which is a powerful antioxidant, and essential fatty acids. The linoleic acid content in Ghee oil is 4-5%. The use of Ghee does not harm the body. It does not contribute to the accumulation of cholesterol in the body and is freed from the influence of free radicals. During the cooking process, unwanted components are completely removed from Ghee, which could become a burden on the liver and intestines. Fine, yeah? Now I'll show you my process of cooking;) https://sun9-67.userapi.com/4-qUsUDCC5Q7BnpNmOlLCIeGmyjTPVUlSNXR0A/q-B5DDNeSUU.jpg *It was my butter* *I cut and melted it*

image.png

As I've read Ghee should be cooked rather long, it takes me about 30 min to make just 200g of oil. As a rule, people take about 1 kg and cook it about 2 hours! During the process of Ghee making, butter is divided into sediment oil and foam. The top layer is casein. Sediment is excess impurities in the oil. The water is completely evaporated. I took off all foam. I know people use it in cooking too, but I don't eat milk products at all, so I don't need it. *That is how my Ghee looked after 20-30 min - absolutely transparent with amazing gold colour and unique aroma!*

image.png

*It's foam - casein*

image.png

*It's my Ghee after cooling off*.

image.png

image.png

It's very tasty! And it gives amazing taste to all dishes and bakery! I'm proud I can do it!:) I know Ghee is Indian oil, and it's widely used there (or maybe in other countries too?), so, guys, please look and test my Ghee: is it well done? Is it ok?:) Especially I'd like my HiveSis @nainaztengra to evaluate it and maybe she'll tell us more about this miracle-oil;)<3 And actually, I'd like to know whether anybody here knows and uses it!
Originally posted here: https://hive.blog/ocdb/@taliakerch/diy-handmade-ghee-oil-a-miracle-for-health-and-cookery

No comments:

Post a Comment