Wednesday, July 17, 2019

005 - Tuesday Family Day

https://cdn.pixabay.com/photo/2017/07/11/20/36/geese-2494952_960_720.jpg
Yesterday I went to my parents. They live a 30 minutes bike ride from my house, but I went on a detour, so that it was 60 minutes, to get my exercise of the day in.

Job hunt

I also looked for some data science vacancies, but since it's the summer period there is not much out there. I really want to work 3 days out of my home. When I had a stressful neuroscience job, I wished I could always work from home. But since that's over and I only do some projects for which I can stay home I feel kind of bad. There are sometimes 3 or 4 days in a row that I don't see anyone. That the only one I talk to is my cat. I don't like that anymore. It feels like my social skills are fading away during these "alone days". So I'm looking for a job for 3 days, so I can also concentrate on my freelance work / passive income creation. I could also work as a psychologist (since I'm still one) for 3 days, but psychologists don't get paid that much in The Netherlands, so data science has my preference. Data science is also the job I can be learning my whole life and as a neuropsychologist I have to examine the same cognitive tests everyday.

Alcohol / Coffee / Tinder

I decided not to drink any alcohol anymore. It doesn't matter if I drink two beers at home in the evening or more when I go out with friends, it gets me in some kind of unmotivated mode the next days. I also have great problems with my recovery from my neuropathy if I drink more than 2 beers. The only time I can have a beer is on a date. I started to be more active on Tinder again and I had a great match yesterday. Well, most of the times it doesn't come to a date (last 6 months I didn't date), but if it comes I allow myself to have a beer with the lady. I'm also looking for speed dating, but I saw the next event is in september. I need to get more social again, so this is a good way. A real addiction is still my coffee intake. I drank less, but now again I drink 5 coffee a day. After the fifth one I really have some heart issues, which is very stupid, but I always have 4 coffee in the morning and then in the afternoon I want another one. So from now on I can have a maximum of 2 in the morning and 1 in the afternoon. I will but that to my goals list next week.

Goals

Goals M T W T F S S
Healthy Eating V V - - - - -
Exercise V V - - - - -
Data Science (3 hours of deep work) V V - - - - -
Reading X X - - - - -
Minimalist Lifestyle V V - - - - -
No Alcohol at Home V V - - - - -
Socialize / Dating V V - - - - -
Morning Start X X - - - - -

Originally posted here: https://steemit.com/blog/@healthminimalist/005-tuesday-family-day

No comments:

Post a Comment