Tuesday, July 9, 2019

001 - A New Start

https://cdn.pixabay.com/photo/2015/03/19/19/27/iceland-681334_960_720.jpg
Hello, I'm back... Again... The first part of this year wasn't as good as I had planned. A lot of things happened which I didn't had control over. I got an accident, was diagnosed with neuropathy due to bad vitamin pills and when I thought everything was getting better my mother got sick. She is recovering now and it will be alright, but the stress and bad things that happend had me go back to my old habits... So I didn't work out, I drank too much coffee, I started drinking at home again, wasn't productive and gained some weight. Above all I spend to much money on stupid things, while I was living of my savings, because I couldn't work. I am a freelance data scientist, so when I get sick I have no insurance or anything. Since last week everything is getting better and I wrote a lot in my 3 pages a day file on my computer, but I thought maybe I can also use Steemit as some kind of diary.

New Goals In Life

For the rest of 2019 I want to accomplish a lot of different things. I will explain them all below and I will write almost everyday here to let you know how it's going. I say almost everyday because sometimes, like once a week, I still have too much problems of the neuropathy, so I can not concentrate very well. But last week I didn't had it anymore, so maybe it's just fading away. But alright, my goals....

Healthy Eating

Well, this is still the same. Except that I don't count my calories anymore. I will go to the gym again and I play tennis two times a week, so when my metabolism gets better I will eventually lose weight and gain muscle. I'm still living the plant-based life, but I don't do the daily dozen of Dr Greger anymore. I will follow a more starch solution approach of eating, which gives me a lot more energy and is also cheaper. And that's when the next goal comes in...

Minimalist Lifestyle / Money Mindset

I will go back to a minimalist lifestyle. Because I went out a lot and drank too much and ordered too much food the first part of this year I will have to get some savings back. I didn't work so there was no income and I didn't enjoy the "spending" lifestyle either. It was some kind of fast dopamine shot searching I did the whole day. The things I bought were all stupid things like a PSnow subscription for a year, which I will use maybe one hour a week. So the goal is to not buy stuff I don't need. I will also declutter my home this weekend, I will also show you that here. And with food I will only buy the essentials. I only go to the grocery store when I need something and not buy a lot of things and say: "yes this is for the whole week". And at the end of the week it's all still in my fridge rotting away because it was too much. So just the food I eat for a maximum of two days and no extra's. Only in the weekend I can have some popcorn but that's the only thing. In a later post I will give you some of my 'what I eat in a day' examples...

Exercise

Well, this one is fast to explain. Just do some kind of exercise everyday. I play tennis, go to the gym and also do long bike rides. The minimum is 1 hour of one of these a day!

Data Science / Neuroscience

Well, mostly datascience. Last year I switched from being a researcher in neuroscience to do data science projects for differents research projects and companies. That was all just to learn and I learned a lot. But I still want to improve my data science skills and also getting to know more about programming. So I want to have at least 3 hours of deep learning a day. I will also look for a data science job at a company for a maximum of 3-4 days a week. Just to get my savings back to where they were. Friday I have an appointment for that.

Working on a passive income / other income source

Well, this is still something I want to do. I will not list it in the goals section, because I can't work on this everyday. But you will hear me talk a lot about it I think if you are following me.

Socialize / Dating

Well, I didn't go on a date this year. The last time I did some serious dating was last summer. I think that is not good. I will write more about this in a later post, but I will go back on Tinder or another app maybe and eventually will do my best to find a nice girl to go out with. But dating is not the only thing. I have a lot of home alone days this year. Which isn't that bad, but some days the only one I speak to are my parents who are calling. I kind of did this to myself. When I started living at my new how in a quite neighborhood just on the border of Amsterdam, I didn't want to go out that often anymore. I canceled every date and also things with friends, like going to the park, I mostly cancel. I am an introvert, but with some extravert needs. Personality tests always say that I am somewhere in between. I like being alone, but not everyday... It's just that when I'm in the alone vibe, it's harder to get to socialize. So that's why everyday I have to work on getting more social. That doesn't mean I have to go have lunch or something with friends everyday, but just work on find a girl or calling a friend or something.

No Alcohol at Home

I drank too much the last months. Well I stopped drinking due to my neuropathy, but slowly started to have a few beers every evening and in the weekend some more. This is really a big thing for me. I wouldn't call myself a stereotypical alcoholic, but I drink too much. Well, it's getting better. I want to have no beers at home anymore and when I go out, I just want to have a drink occasionally. Maybe this thing is very close related with the previous goal. I'm more extraverted when I drink. So I think I have to work a lot more on my sober social skills.

Other goals

Well I also want to read everyday. Just for 30 minutes in a book. That's it. And I want to have my morning start. When I wake up it takes me 2 hours to get started. I mostly read the newspaper etc. for two hours before I start working on my projects.

So.....

So the plan is the write here most of the days. I will use it more as a diary, so I will tell you the truth about my feelings and things that happen to me on a day to day basis. I will not filter the bad things out, it's not an Instagram account ;). And I hope that when I have reached a lot more in the second part of 2019, that someone in a same position can learn from these blog posts...

Goals

Goals M T W T F S S
Healthy Eating V - - - - - -
Exercise V - - - - - -
Data Science (3 hours of deep work) V - - - - - -
Reading X - - - - - -
Minimalist Lifestyle V - - - - - -
No Alcohol at Home V - - - - - -
Socialize / Dating V - - - - - -
Morning Start X - - - - - -

Originally posted here: https://steemit.com/blog/@healthminimalist/001-a-new-start

No comments:

Post a Comment