Monday, April 29, 2019

Life N Times of Synchro Fuze: Calisthenics vs. Free Weights

https://steemitimages.com/0x0/https://d1vof77qrk4l5q.cloudfront.net/img/8f19b07d64b8fd0003f75433f9caf2b55eab2846.png

This debate has been ongoing for so long that there has been different views on this topic. Calisthenics or Free Weights. To have a better understanding, Calisthenics is mostly based on bodyweight exercises where you don't need weights added, just do the simple workout using what you have, whilst free weights training means that you carry weights, ie, dumbbell or barbell in order for muscle growth These terms may be the simplest example to explain both these methods, but there is more to it that that. Calisthenics may just be associated with bodyweight a lot, but at times weights are added as resistance for those practicing in an advanced level, or those who simply find doing simple pull ups 50 times in 1 set seems simple. Free weights are those workouts done in the gym focusing the workout mostly on the body parts the individual is training. Using free weights training, you can emphasis the focal focus of the muscle growth to a specific part you're working on, such as biceps, triceps, traps, etc. I have trained in both practices before and here's what I experienced I started out with free weights training by purchasing my 1st dumbbells set at college wit a bunch of my friends who was also interested in the training. After a couple of years, I decided to join the gym as there was limited equipment at my disposal and needed to build my range of workout. It was like walking into a scantuary when I walked into the gym seeing weights in many sizes and pounds. I was working out so hard and I was in the best bulking shape ready to go shredded when all of a sudden I lost my job. Without any support, I lost everything that I worked out for and I became really heavy. I wasn't in a state to call myself bulky as I lost all the definition that I built in my body. Fast forward 1 year later, and I was really fat, not able to see my toes, I decided to change. I found a video on YouTube at the time talking about working out without any gym equipment, which really sparked my interest. I started to practice the way of Calisthenics and I am able to see the changes in myself and from word of mouth of the difference. Some who knew me before said I used to pack the bulk, now just look like I lost a lot of weight. My best friends who I meet on the weekly keeps asking me what I'm doing, knowing the way I eat. I'm still not in the place where I want to be when it comes to Calisthenics, but I like the changes I see that is happening over time. My conclusion for the debate on Calisthenics and free weight? It really depends on what you want. If you're just looking for a fast progress, find a good program and go for the free weight training. If you're just looking for a workout to just maintain a healthy lifestyle but no time to go to the gym, or you're always on the run, there are simple Calisthenics workout that anyone can try. I guess I will be posting on another article regarding my journey in both discipline (in depth coverage) in my next post. Posted using [Partiko Android](https://partiko.app/referral/synchrfz.fhe)
Originally posted here: https://steemit.com/partiko/@synchrfz.fhe/life-n-times-of-synchro-fuze-calisthenics-vs-free-weights-zkkac8hm

No comments:

Post a Comment