Sunday, February 9, 2020

Carnivore 75 Hard Redux: (Cheat) Day 18

https://i1.wp.com/sharkthelion.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/fullsizeoutput_93a.jpeg?fit=640%2C826&ssl=1
https://sharkthelion.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/IMG_4602.jpg

Nutrition, Healing, and Making Mistakes

Well, I didn't get this posted last night, so I'll just do it this morning instead. Initially, I had sort of planned on fasting all day, but I ended up eating after all. The total fasting time was over 24 hours, though.

What did I eat? I cooked up some of the burger patties I made a while ago when I ground up some random cuts of beef along with some calf liver. I topped the three patties with some cheese and bacon and had a side of six eggs. It was definitely a satisfying meal!

IMG_4597.jpg

Transparency: I had something that sort of means I cheated on this challenge, too. It's not super bad, but it is technically not allowed. What was it? Rebel ice cream. I got some of the salted caramel variety, which is my favorite so far and I had that after dinner. I'd wanted to as sort of a treat for completing my first week of work, but afterward, I felt a little bad because I realized that even non-sugar sweeteners are off-limits.

That's why the word cheat day is in the title. That's sort of meant as an attention-grabber to maybe coax a person or two into reading these posts I make every day that seem largely to go off into the ethers unnoticed. As much as I think I probably should've avoided the temptation, I won't let it derail my overall goals.

Today, I'm planning on fasting for a large part of the day, but I do have a roast in the slow cooker. Assuming that it actually works out and is tasty this time, I plan on eating this evening.

Changing the challenge half-way through

Because this time through the Carnivore 75 Hard challenge entails customizing the goals, I feel like it's okay to change them halfway through... so long as it's making them more strict. Starting with day 33, I am going to plan on finishing out the challenge with no dairy. I'm making baby steps, I suppose. As much as I want to be all-or-nothing, that doesn't always work out as planned.

Mindset

On the walk with Stella T. Dog yesterday, I listened to an interesting episode of The Healthy Rebellion Radio. Because the format of this show is more of a question-and-answer format, the information is a little more varied than some of the podcasts I've listened to featuring a single guest and revolving around a single topic or a set of similar topics.

Movement

As usual, I put the daily activity information in a separate Actifit post because I have a goal to get one of those in every day as well. For the rewards. Every day that you don't sign up for an Actifit account is another day you're not getting some rewards for the steps you are already taking anyway. Just saying.

Also, as usual, click on the image below to read the aforementioned post.

It's going to be snowing all day today, so it remains to be seen how I'll end up getting in my 10,000 steps. The elliptical is always an 0ption. Honestly, though, it's just not that much fun. The snowblower is broken, so maybe I'll go out and shovel a few times to avoid having to do it all at once when the snow is heavier and more difficult to move. If I'm trying to get the steps in, it's not inefficient... it's practical.

Currently listening to

https://youtu.be/RRIVvcbIHWA

While writing this blog post, I was listening to this album. I enjoyed it quite a bit. The style is hard to describe, but I'll try. It's a little jazzy, almost like what they call "world music", instrumental (mostly), and relaxing.

The featured / header photo was taken on yesterday's walk with Stella T. Dog. She was all up in someone's yard, trespassing and shit. Edited to look like an older photo taken with a film camera. Whatever.



Posted from my blog with SteemPress : https://sharkthelion.com/carnivore-75-hard-redux-cheat-day-18/

Get $30 off your first Butcher Box! Grass-fed, grass-finished meat delivered to your door (US only)


Originally posted here: https://steemit.com/blog/@sharkthelion/carnivore75hardreduxcheatday18-xrhdiy78gk

No comments:

Post a Comment