Sunday, February 9, 2020

Baked banana oatmeal (aka heaven in a bowl)

https://files.steempeak.com/file/steempeak/lackofcolor/hQpDeDaC-20200121_164244.jpg

Lately, oatmeal has been my favorite afternoon/after school snack. Plain oatmeal doesn't look and taste very special, but with some simple ingredients you can make it taste like HEAVEN!


©2020 - @lackofcolor



The cravings of an addict

The last couple of weeks I've been trying to gain a little bit of weight, but my body doesn't seem to completely agree with that. I can eat as much as I want, but my body can adjust just as quickly as I put things in my mouth. Don't get me wrong, most of the time I'm happy with my fast metabolism. But in times of stress I have to eat an extreme amount of food so I don't lose any weight.

You probably think that I'm a healthy girl that only take in nutritious foods when you look at my Steemit page. Well guess what? I'm a big sucker for crisps, pizza and desserts. I could live on these things all day every day and I even think that I'm slightly addicted to fried stuff as well. Too bad that those foods don't contain the nutrients that my body need, so I had to think of something healthier: baked banana oatmeal sounded like a pretty good idea to me.


Peel the... banana

Cooking oatmeal is like the most simple thing in the world:

Pour the milk of your choice into a pan (I used rice milk this time, but you could use almond milk or cow milk as well). Add the oat flakes and some cinnamon and wait until the mixture boils.

In the mean time, you can cut the banana into slices, heat up some butter in a pan and bake the slices until they're golden brown. If you want the banana to be extra sweet, you could add some brown sugar to the butter.

Pour the oatmeal into a large bowl once you find the consistency thick enough. Place the baked banana slices onto the oatmeal and sprinkle over some cinnamon to make the bowl look Instagram proof:D


©2020 - @lackofcolor


I hope I didn't make you drool too heavily with these photos;)

Lots of love,
Dymph


Originally posted here: https://steemit.com/food/@lackofcolor/baked-banana-oatmeal-aka-heaven-in-a-bowl

No comments:

Post a Comment